We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Book On TripAdvisor Bonus Book your hotel on TripAdvisor — then save 20% on things to do for your trip. Use code BOOKTOSAVE.

Aer Lingus prices?

Limerick
Level Contributor
83 posts
14 reviews
Aer Lingus prices?

My wife and I travel with Aer Lingus at least twice a year for the past 5/6 years. I normally book well in advance and have gotten very good deals for Lanzarote and Faro and New York. However I am looking at prices for 2014 and they a way up on 2013 prices even at this early stage. Is this likely to continue or will prices come down? Any ideas?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
16,640 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Aer Lingus prices?

"Is this likely to continue or will prices come down?" - The only honest answer is nobody knows but flights for Sept 2014 will only have been released (if those are the dates you are looking at) and in my experience this is when they will be amongst the highest as your desire to buy is greater than the airlines need to sell.

Limerick
Level Contributor
83 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Aer Lingus prices?

Looking at both June and September and the prices are way up on this year.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
16,710 posts
429 reviews
3. Re: Aer Lingus prices?

They seem to be the cheapest for me if I were to go to Dublin.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
Level Contributor
39,474 posts
192 reviews
4. Re: Aer Lingus prices?

Prices have gone up during the last year on all routes so don't expect them to fall much, we have been paying on average 100Euros more for flights this year.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Aer Lingus prices?

IME- using Aer Lingus to fly from UK to MCO via Dublin, the flights have been cheapest when they are first released. I am booked for November 2013 and February 2014 and the latter in particular has shot up and was not included in the recent sale.

Limerick
Level Contributor
83 posts
14 reviews
6. Re: Aer Lingus prices?

So much for competition as the other low cost airline is'nt much cheaper on these routes.

7. Re: Aer Lingus prices?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 31, 2014