We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southwest Check In

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
5,652 posts
184 reviews
Southwest Check In

Hi - I am flying tomorrow with Southwest for a one day trip for work, flying out in the morning and returning in the late afternoon. I chose Early Bird check-in when I bought the tickets and was able to print my boarding pass this morning for my outbound flight. However, the website is not allowing me to print my boarding pass for the return flight; it just shows the outgoing flight at this time. The website says that automatic Early Bird check-in will be done 35 hours before the flight leaves and then the boarding pass can be printed, and I am now in that 35 hour window. Why can't I print the pass? Is it because I have not left yet on my outgoing flight? If that is the case, can I print the boarding pass for my return flight right after I land at my destination so that I will have it in hand when I arrive at the airport to fly home? Time will be short tomorrow, so I'd like to be prepared in advance. Thanks.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
15,489 posts
192 reviews
1. Re: Southwest Check In

No idea. But, why not phone Southwest and ask them today, since time will be short tomorrow. I suspect the reason may be what you think it is.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
11,418 posts
112 reviews
2. Re: Southwest Check In

Early bird check in is done 35 hours ahead like the website says, but you can't print the boarding pass until 24 hours ahead. If you won't be able to do it at home before leaving, you should be able to do it at the airport.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
5,652 posts
184 reviews
3. Re: Southwest Check In

Thx for the info! I'll try again at 24 hours ahead and take it from there.

MA
Destination Expert
for New England
Level Contributor
5,652 posts
184 reviews
4. Re: Southwest Check In

Thx Wes, I had no problem printing it 24 hours before.

Edited: 10:04 am, October 30, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
11,418 posts
112 reviews
5. Re: Southwest Check In

Glad to hear it.

6. Re: Southwest Check In

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 01, 2014