We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow Airport check in

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Heathrow Airport check in

What is the shortest amount of time to allow for check in for Jet flight from Heathrow to Mumbai?

( I already know which check in desk & where it is in terminal 4 )

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
17,195 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: Heathrow Airport check in

I personally would plan to be at LHR around 3 hours before the flight - the issue for me is not how long it takes to clear check in/security but to build in a contingency in the event of travel disruption to the airport.

I'm quite happy to spend an extra hour at LHR with a coffee knowing I'm there ready to board my flight rather than sitting in a traffic jam or having my train cancelled with increasing stress levels knowing if fail to meet any of the check in deadlines then I'm simply a no show and have lost the flight.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
2. Re: Heathrow Airport check in

Thanks for your reply - problem is I thought I was allowing 3hrs 10mins for check in, then after booking coach tickets I realised I'd only allowed 2hrs 10mins!

LON-SIN
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
11,981 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Heathrow Airport check in

If you are getting a coach from Leicester, I would leave more time than that to account for traffic delays.

UK
Level Contributor
49,562 posts
92 reviews
4. Re: Heathrow Airport check in

I would contact the coach company and see if you can change to earlier ones, as said,your timing assumes the motorways are fine.

London, United...
Level Contributor
26,143 posts
28 reviews
5. Re: Heathrow Airport check in

I would change this also, two hours 10 is too short, what happens if there is an accident on the motorway that day?

6. Re: Heathrow Airport check in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 30, 2014
Get answers to your questions