We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RyanAir - Lithium ion Power bank

London
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
RyanAir - Lithium ion Power bank

Hi all,

I just purchased a lithium ion power bank to make sure I don't run out of juice on my iPod during my flight this weekend.

I just had a thought though, are you allowed to use them on planes? Specifically RyanAir as that is who I'll be flying with.

Many thanks!

Edited: 5:00 pm, October 24, 2013
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
35,257 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RyanAir - Lithium ion Power bank

ryanair.com/en/questions/important-informati…

London
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RyanAir - Lithium ion Power bank

Thanks. I wasn't sure whether that applied to the Power Bank though as it seems to be referring to loose lithium ion batteries.

This is the product I have: maplin.co.uk/maplin-waterproof-power-bank-78…

Thanks!

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RyanAir - Lithium ion Power bank

Why would you need to use it on the plane? An iPod battery will far outlast any Ryanair flight.

London
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RyanAir - Lithium ion Power bank

Well, the plane journey is four hours and then I have another 2 hours bus journey at the other end.

Heading to Gran Canaria :)

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: RyanAir - Lithium ion Power bank

the plane journey is four hours and then I have another 2 hours bus journey

=====

You should be able to get best part of a day out of an iPod, years ago I used an iPod transatlatic regulary, thata 10 hour flight.

A couple weeks ago I used an iPad mini at airport for a hour or so beforehand, and on 4 hour flight, and still had tons of charge left because i used it for a couple of days off and on before charging it, and thats a far more power hungry device than an iPod.

Just to be clear, there is no issue taking these battery pack devices on the plane, nor using one, I just dont think you should need it unless the battery on your iPod is on its absolute last legs. You can easily test it, connect the headphones, switch it on, leave it playing.

6. Re: RyanAir - Lithium ion Power bank

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 8:05 am, October 17, 2014
7. Re: RyanAir - Lithium ion Power bank

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, October 19, 2015