We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying Sardines????

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
3,676 posts
116 reviews
Save Topic
Flying Sardines????

If you thought Emirates 3-4-3 was bad!!!!!!!!!

flyertalk.com/the-tarmac/russian-based-a380-…

Not gonna be many Business and First Class passengers on board..

Regards

Jim

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,746 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying Sardines????

Hi,

Given the relative low number of F and C/J seats, the total court doesn't sound out of the range.. Granted you have the logistical issues -- check-in, boarding, etc.. -- that come with that kind of count, but I don't see any issues per se relative to things like smaller seats, etc.. again as the seat count sounds about right given the lower F and C/J seats they're planning.

Travel Safe,

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,448 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying Sardines????

The certification for the A380 allows up to 853 passengers. Sounds like my idea of living hell!

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,947 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying Sardines????

It's spacious compared to the plans Air Austral had when they ordered two A380's in 2008/2009. They wanted them outfitted with 840 seats (all-Eco). These plans have since been scrapped.

…apex.aero/cabin-interior/…

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,746 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying Sardines????

HI,

OP2002,

I read that too.. To me, I can't see all that many scenarios/routes where a high-density, all-Y aircraft would work-- long term.

My last memory of such -- that being a dedicated fleet in all-Y, was JL's 747 SUD's and most recently the old NH 747-400D's and their TYO-OSA routings

For right now, I can only see some intra-PRC markets where this kind of market exists and the lift would be needed... but I'm sure there will be a few more developing in the region like Intra-India or possibly even on some intra-Gulf sectors.

Travel Safe,

Paris, France
Level Contributor
980 posts
356 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying Sardines????

Not sure if it would be any worse than some LCC as far as 'comfort' goes; 'logistics' issues like boarding could well be the main issue.

6. Re: Flying Sardines????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 25, 2014