We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap flights london to vancouver

Newport...
Level Contributor
916 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
cheap flights london to vancouver

hi which is the best airline to fly to Canada with at a reasonable price !!!

been looking at virgin / ba and the prices have been around 2300 pp return (((

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,822 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cheap flights london to vancouver

Hi

I would check aircanada

Clive

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,151 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cheap flights london to vancouver

When are you planning to fly?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
17,197 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cheap flights london to vancouver

"been looking at virgin / ba and the prices have been around 2300 pp return (((" - Don't know where you are looking but BA's low price finder shows LHR to Vancouver from £694 pp return up to £1127 pp return in economy over the next 12 months.

What class are you looking for.

Bedford, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cheap flights london to vancouver

There is also Air Transat from LGW.

Only weekly at the moment, but you haven't specified dates

Newport...
Level Contributor
916 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cheap flights london to vancouver

hi thanks for replys just to clarify the 2300 was for both of us not each sorry. we are looking for economy flying around 3-7 july 2014 for proberly 3 weeks.

thanks

Canada
Level Contributor
8,684 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cheap flights london to vancouver

I recommend Air Canada

Just punched in your dates for a July 7- 28 trip and the total is 2,252 pounds sterling , all in ( Taxes, fees, seat selection, one free checked bag 23 Kg)

Direct return nonstop flights on AC's fleet 777....

UK
Level Contributor
49,562 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cheap flights london to vancouver

£2300 for TWO people is the sort of price id expect booking this far in advance outside a sale period for peak summer months. You might think its unreasonable but it's pretty much the going rate.

Wait until the next set of sales likely within a month or so or if nothing then book in the post Christmas sales.

But you may find nothing substantially better because sometimes sales don't apply to peak routes at peak times .

As well as AC BA and Virgin you could try Air Transat just double check the plane details some flights the leg room is awful others it's good. Id give Canadian Affair a wide berth in case they are still employing their illegal predefined bumping off flights routine.

Parksville, B.C.
Level Contributor
124 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cheap flights london to vancouver

Icelandair is now flying from Europe, including London, through Iceland to Vancouver. The fares seem to be amongst the lowest, but it is not a direct flight. July 8-30 is showing GBP 937/ person, and it appears that includes one bag.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
52,866 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cheap flights london to vancouver

I'd say Icelandair is a very good option - the change at KEF is easy - but FI operate 757s on their routes, which may start to feel a bit cramped by the end of the flight. Having said that, I look forward to their service from YVR to KEF - not a minute too soon FI!

BA (and AC, I should think) have in the past few years had sales for travel from and to Canada, but the outbound date for sale fares is usually no later than 20 June. Both airlines operate flghts that are chockablock every day of operation during the summer months, so they have little need to lower fares when pax are clamouring to travel.

Air Transat is another option, but given the choice I think I'd go with FI, even with the necessary change at KEF. My first choice would be BA, with AC following close behind.

10. Re: cheap flights london to vancouver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:45 am, January 19, 2014