We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BA January Sale Prices?

Norwich, United...
5 posts
Save Topic
BA January Sale Prices?

Hi,

Does anyone have any idea what sort of price a flight from Heathrow to Phoenix Sky Harbour is generally in the BA January Sale?

At the moment it's around £1k for a flight, last time I went (albeit in June) I got a price of around £600 in the sale. Am I likely to get this price again?

Thanks,

Jack

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: BA January Sale Prices?

Only BA can answer your question.

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: BA January Sale Prices?

Hi

All I can say is if BA don't lower their prices to the USA I will not be flying with them. I have flown with them for a few years now but they are way too expensive right now. OK Delta etc might not be such a good airline to fly with but I can handle that when they are about 30% cheaper.

Clive

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,258 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: BA January Sale Prices?

All I can say is if BA don't lower their prices to the USA I will not be flying with them

-----------

A bit of a blanket statement there given prices move all the time and relative to eachother too.

As for what sale prices will be, nobody knows. Sale prices fluctuate from year to year, and not all destinations my be in the sale or on dates you want.

Surrey UK
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: BA January Sale Prices?

You really need to think before you ask a question.

When do you want go fly?

"At the moment its around £1K". What do you mean by "at the moment"? Are you really complaining about last-minute fares?

If you look at the "low fare finder" on the BA website you will see plenty of fares at £630 in winter months. These are not sale fares.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,914 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: BA January Sale Prices?

Travellers visit PHX in droves between October and April or May because the weather is bearable at those times. Whether airlines will lower their fares when pax will be clamouring for seats is just not known at this time.

Having said that, fares dropped by about 30 - 35% in the recent BA sale, but they'd been lowered by about 40% at the sale in April. What will happen next time ... still to be determined.

6. Re: BA January Sale Prices?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:35 am, October 20, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,914 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: BA January Sale Prices?

Hm. Although PHX is toasty in August (and September - it got up to 45C one day last month during my visit) it's still a popular destination as from there visitors can make their way to the Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, southern California and beyond.

Sale fares for August travel may be thin on the ground, but there's always the chance of a reduction. Look for sales between February and April for travel later in the year, but I wouldn't expect massive discounted fares.

Would you consider flying to New York or Boston and changing there to a flght with Southwest to PHX? Could be worth a look.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
78 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: BA January Sale Prices?

Also have a look on AA.com.

American Airlines codeshare on the BA flight LHR-PHX with AA6198.

I have just booked for May 2014 MAN-LHR-PHX at £765 with AA.

Booking direct with BA was in excess of £1000.

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: BA January Sale Prices?

Does BA tend to have sales at the same time every year (subject to change, of course)? When in January, for example? A couple years we got a good deal PHXBCN for Sept, purchased late January. Is late January when this sale usually happens? We're looking to go back to Europe in Sept 2014.

And why anyone would want to come to Phoenix, the Grand Canyon, or Vegas in the middle of summer is beyond me, but that LHRPHX is clearly popular enough to increase to 7 days/week.

Norfolk England
Level Contributor
5,825 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: BA January Sale Prices?

Hi

BA usually have a xmas/new year sale, but not all routes/months are covered.

Clive