We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restricted Business Class

melbourne
Level Contributor
41 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Restricted Business Class

We are looking at flying restricted business class with Qatar.

It's a ticket flying business class to Doha from Melbourne and then flying economy Doha to Paris.

On way home Paris to Doha economy and then Doha to Melb business.

We are not sure about baggage allowances and business class lounge use when in Doha in both directions.

Has anyone had experience with this, would be greatly appreciated.

australia
Level Contributor
2,551 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restricted Business Class

Is there no information on the e-ticket they sent you? They recently increased their baggage allowances. I would ring them and ask.

Kiama, Australia
Level Contributor
3,061 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restricted Business Class

In relation to the luggage, (assuming you are transiting) your allowance should be Business class allowance (Mel-Par), and economy allowance from Par-Mel. However, these mix classes can be difficult so a quick call is the best idea.

In relation to Lounge access, you will have lounge access in MEL on departure (not in Doha transit). On the return you will only have lounge access while in Doha transit.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restricted Business Class

My mother had flights similar to you last year - business class from Melbourne to Doha then economy from Doha to Cairo. Returning it was economy from Cairo to Doha, then business to Melbourne. I just had a look at her ticket and she had a 30kg luggage allowance. With regards to the Premium lounge, she accessed it on the way back, but on the way to Cairo we had a longer layover and chose to have a look around Doha.

She is still raving about the lounge and her business class flight. Oh, by the way, I travelled on the same flights, but in economy all the way. That way I can fly more often!!

Edited: 7:11 am, October 18, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,335 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restricted Business Class

Just read post 2 and remembered the lounge access in Melbourne also. It was Air New Zealand. I didn't expect anything, but the lovely supervisor at check-in arranged for complimentary access for me in Melbourne also.

melbourne
Level Contributor
41 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restricted Business Class

Thank you for all your posts, was helpful.

6. Re: Restricted Business Class

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 20, 2014