We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawaiian Air does it again and then plays dumb!

orlando
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Hawaiian Air does it again and then plays dumb!

Be careful if you book holiday travel on Hawaiian Air. Again as before, we booked, paid for and obtained assign seats early. Over the course of the time before and during the trip, HA "changed" aspects of the flight, usually times or planes, and then emailed us the forced changes. This time, we lost our seats in the 5 hour segment and were reassigned seats that separated us. After calling and complaining they put us together but in middle sections (verses our original seats on the 2 A,B section. They claimed that there was no history in their system of our original seats, but we produced proof confirmations to the contrary. They then claim dumb. Go figure. We are stuck with horrible seats. Not my favorite airline. No solution because they just don't care,.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,533 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hawaiian Air does it again and then plays dumb!

Seat assignments are requests only and are subject to change at any point up to boarding with any airline for any number of operational reasons.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hawaiian Air does it again and then plays dumb!

Whenever there's a schedule change of any type, you stand a chance of losing your seats. These changes are made by computer and all they do is get you on the new flight. Your best option is to verify your seats as soon as you're made aware of the schedule change and if the new seats are not to your liking, call the airlines CS department.

I'm aware that airlines are not always timely in advising you of schedule changes. It's always a good idea to keep a close eye on your bookings through the airlines manage your bookings option.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,437 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hawaiian Air does it again and then plays dumb!

Seat requests are never guaranteed, no matter what the airline.

All airlines can experience schedule or aircraft changes as well.

orlando
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hawaiian Air does it again and then plays dumb!

As the buyer and confirmation with seats, I feel I am the customer and a contract was made. I hear you all but you sound like airline rep vs travelers that have been screwed. If I buy a first class ticket on Delta I get the seats they confirm or something similar. What Hawaiann did to me, created animosity and the customer care did not help.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
Level Contributor
55,527 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hawaiian Air does it again and then plays dumb!

" If I buy a first class ticket on Delta I get the seats they confirm or something similar."

"Something similar" as in another first class seat. I have a lot of experience with Delta, and just like every other airline, they make schedule changes and aircraft changes and people lose "their" seats. Ever been on a Delta flight where they swapped out a plane with 7 rows of first class for one with 6 rows? I have...guess what means? 4 people were no longer in First!

"I feel I am the customer and a contract was made."

Did this contract address the seat selection issue? How is it worded? I'm just curious.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,523 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hawaiian Air does it again and then plays dumb!

Aloha,

This seems to be a common issue. Sorry it happened to you. Is there another flight with better seats which has timing that would work for you? Sometimes pax have been able to switch flights without a charge if the airline changed the time by too long an interval.

Keep an eye on your schedule. If they change it again, you might be able to switch to better seats on your own if you catch it immediately.

Good luck.

Canada
Level Contributor
9,263 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hawaiian Air does it again and then plays dumb!

Today's savvy traveller needs to be pro-active with managing their bookings. It has been this way for a while now. We check our upcoming bookings weekly to insure that the itineraries have not changed....time, equipment, and seating "requests"....not waiting for the Airline to send out an email.

I can't recall the last time we flew the same itinerary booked....they are changing all the time.

As mentioned, you are indeed in the Driver's seat if a change has been initiated by the Airline....for a suitable change.

Your contract of carriage with the Airline is for getting you from "A" to "B".........nothing about guaranteed seat assignment. As frustrating as we all find this phenomen...of seat switching....it is something that remains out of today's traveller's control. Keep checking , and then check again. It is in your best interest to work to manage your own bookings.

Hawaiian is no different than any other Airline in this regard. Those that travel extensively will attest.

What does seem to remain a constant ...is the "Airline Rant " from 1st time posters......

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,523 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hawaiian Air does it again and then plays dumb!

Aloha,

There are services to which you can subscribe which allow you to set up a flight alert if anything changes with your flight.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,837 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hawaiian Air does it again and then plays dumb!

Basically what everyone else has said. The more frequently you check your reservation and seat assignments, the earlier you discover something wrong and the better the chance of getting it fixed.

I check my flights at least weekly up until 2 weeks before when I switch to daily. Even if my seat assigment hasn't changed there have been many times when I've seen a better seat become available and been able to grab it.

orlando
Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hawaiian Air does it again and then plays dumb!

Well from the comments it seems that my expectations for service is too much. I should be as tolerant as most of you. Good luck in the future. As for me. I still expect a understanding, helpful agent and not a too bad you loose attitude from the airlines.