We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malaysian Airlines or Qatar Airlines from London - Perth WA?

UK
Level Contributor
90 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
Malaysian Airlines or Qatar Airlines from London - Perth WA?

Hi I have the options using miles to book (both flights are business class)

Malaysian Airlines - London Heathrow to Amsterdam to KL to Perth

or

Qatar Airlines- London Heathrow to Abu Dhabi to Doha to Perth

Does anyone think that one airline is better than the other? No one flight has better connections times, so that's not a factor. I'm trying to book purely on the quality of the business class. I'd appreciate your comments.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3,068 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Malaysian Airlines or Qatar Airlines from London - Perth WA?

Business class, I would go with Qatar Airways, but it will be a direct flight from Heathrow to Doha, not via Abu Dhabi.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malaysian Airlines or Qatar Airlines from London - Perth WA?

No fully flat bed seats in Business between Kuala Lumpur and Perth - although for a 5 hour flight between Asia and Perth this might not be too important for you.

England
Level Contributor
125 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Malaysian Airlines or Qatar Airlines from London - Perth WA?

QR have been voted Worlds best Business class for the last 2 years. If you time the flights appropriately you'll be flying B777 all the way (or maybe a B787 out of LHR), a truly excellent experience in both the hard & soft products.

Agree with the above comment re: Abu Dhabi. QR fly via Doha so don't know why AUH would come into it. Also, it's only one stop vs 2.

England, United...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,783 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Malaysian Airlines or Qatar Airlines from London - Perth WA?

Used both in Business and like others here would go for Qatar over Malaysia Airlines (or would it be with klm as they code share?)

UK
Level Contributor
90 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malaysian Airlines or Qatar Airlines from London - Perth WA?

Great, thanks so much for the replies. I'll be booking Qatar. Thanks again!

6. Re: Malaysian Airlines or Qatar Airlines from London - Perth WA?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 18, 2014