We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bristol Airport arrivals

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
Bristol Airport arrivals

I appreciate that this may perhaps be more an art than a science, however, I am trying to book a connecting train from TM expecting having landed at 12:45 on a Wednesday afternoon.

On the basis that my flight is on time ( give or take 20 mins) does anyone know how long it is likely to take for an EU citizen to get through to the Bus link?

I see that 4 other flights land within an hour window at that time. If it were LHR I would allow one hour, if it were Exeter I would expect 15 mins, BRS ?

I shall have to go to baggage reclaim but have nothing to declare at customs.

Many thanks for any experience readers may have.

Wales
Level Contributor
2,167 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bristol Airport arrivals

I have got to the bus in 20 mins from disembarking (not touch-down), even collecting checked luggage, but generally it's closer to 35-40. If you're on an international flight, and a few have landed at the same time, it can take a while to get through immigration.

I normally aim for a later train than I think I'll need from TM - but twice I've sprinted to the platform and squeezed through the doors of an earlier train (with the help of the guard!).

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bristol Airport arrivals

Thanks I am returning from TLV via AMS, so probably best to book train 2hrs after scheduled touchdown methinks. I suppose I could always go to the Wetherspoons if I get to TM early!

Wales
Level Contributor
2,167 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bristol Airport arrivals

The bus/train option is pretty efficient, but that sounds like a good plan. If you can get an open train ticket, you can always sprint if there's an earlier train (notwithstanding all the steps at TM!), but if not I'm sure Wetherspoons will welcome you :-)

Ebbw Vale, United...
Destination Expert
for Santa Eulalia del Rio, Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,079 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bristol Airport arrivals

My average time from gate to car park is 40 minutes.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bristol Airport arrivals

Thanks. I think ill book train for just over 2hours after scheduled landing to allow leeway and the 30 min flyer bus journey.

6. Re: Bristol Airport arrivals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 17, 2014