We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I take the plane at the next airport I,m suposed to?

Uruguay
Destination Expert
for Colonia del Sacramento
Level Contributor
491 posts
6 reviews
Can I take the plane at the next airport I,m suposed to?

The thing is, my hometown lies exactly in between the departure airport, and the first stopover. Can I take the plane at this second airport? What are the formalities? Should I let them know, or can I just use my reservation code? Thank you. I´m not familiar with this kind of things.

Brechin, United...
Destination Expert
for Disneyland Paris, Marne-la-Vallee
Level Contributor
6,032 posts
42 reviews
1. Re: Can I take the plane at the next airport I,m suposed to?

If you don't take your first flight, any subsequent flights on the same ticket will be cancelled.

Iowa
Level Contributor
9,353 posts
37 reviews
2. Re: Can I take the plane at the next airport I,m suposed to?

Simply, no you can not do that.

Edited: 9:24 pm, October 14, 2013
Greensboro, NC
Level Contributor
974 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Can I take the plane at the next airport I,m suposed to?

The reason you should never deviate from your scheduled itinerary is that if you miss a segment, the airline will reason that you are not flying and will cancel your itinerary.

Uruguay
Destination Expert
for Colonia del Sacramento
Level Contributor
491 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Can I take the plane at the next airport I,m suposed to?

thank you very much for your quick response! Appreciate it very much.

UK
Level Contributor
4,561 posts
25 reviews
5. Re: Can I take the plane at the next airport I,m suposed to?

Of course there is one exception to all this... if your ticket is a fully flexible fully refundable one then you can rebook from your intermediate stop without penalty. But you would need to rebook before you start your journey, you can't just skip the first flight.

6. Re: Can I take the plane at the next airport I,m suposed to?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 17, 2014