We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Brunei LHR - DXB

london
Level Contributor
184 posts
Royal Brunei LHR - DXB

Hi

Read a few posts and was just wondering if can confirm baggage allowance in Economy, website says 20kg but have seen posts saying its changed to 25kg!

Has anyone travelled recently and can confirm/deny this, also posts seem to be saying that the allowance is very rarely adhered to and most have said they were at least 3-5 kg over without being charged?

Again posters have said they have taken/witnessed passengers consuming alcohol on flight with stewards knowledge, is this correct?

Lastly conflicting reviews on comfort, some saying seats do no recline as planes are old and need replacing?

Any feedback from recent travellers would be great!

Thanks

Linda

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
733 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Royal Brunei LHR - DXB

Hi, I flew this route recently. It is only a 7hr flight, seat very comfortable and good leg room. Bag weight depends on which of the 3 levels of economy fare you purchased, it is 20 kg if you purchased cheapest, 25 kg for flexi plus and 30 kg for the next level. But I noticed they didn't seem to be that strict on weight as carry on was only 7 kg but they didn't weigh carry on at LHR. I've only ever seen one couple consuming alcohol, the stewards can't prevent people taking their own on but most travellers don't bother, passengers continuing on thru Brunei, the alcohol is confiscated by customs there. The food and service is good.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
13,470 posts
321 reviews
2. Re: Royal Brunei LHR - DXB

My pal was provided with tonic & ice to go with his miniature Gordons,and his wife with a coke & ice for her Bacardi. Both bought small bottles of wine airside to go with their dinner. They were discrete but the FA's where aware, and relaxed, about what was happening.

SS

I wouldn't try it on Iran Air or Saudi though !

london
Level Contributor
184 posts
3. Re: Royal Brunei LHR - DXB

Hi Silverswimmer

Thanks for reply, I don't normally drink on flights but have trouble getting even a couple of hours sleep and keep being told a couple of glasses may help me to relax so was going to give it a try, but hey it's no big deal if I can't!

Linda

london
Level Contributor
184 posts
4. Re: Royal Brunei LHR - DXB

Hi Maryannoz

Thanks for that, will have to check with travel agent what ticket we have but yeah many posts seem to say they were quiet relaxed about weight limits but I'm usually the one who will be unlucky lol!

Linda

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
92 posts
199 reviews
5. Re: Royal Brunei LHR - DXB

The comments about luggage is correct, it depends on what level you purchase.

As for carry on, be VERY careful. We did have our carry on weighed at LHR and noticed a number of people with very overweight carry on being very upset by the situation. The strange part was that our on-line checkin document say 8kg, so perhaps they provide more if you check in on line.

Speaking of that, there are two queues for check in, one for people who have done on line check in and one for those that have not. When we travelled, granted it was last year, there would have been 150+ people in the non online check in line and about 10 in the on line check in line. We would have easily saved an hour just by checking in on line.....

6. Re: Royal Brunei LHR - DXB

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, October 13, 2014