We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

EK215 Questions

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
EK215 Questions

Will be flying EK 215 next summer from Dubai to Los Angeles on the Emirates A380, and I had a couple questions. I know the flight leaves in the morning, but will it be on all day flight, or will there be some darkness? Will I be provided with an amenity kit? And would it be wise to select emergency exit row seats, and if I do will they cost extra? Also, does anybody have any general tips on Emirates or the A380? It's a very long flight at roughly 16 hours, so I would appreciate any suggestions. Many thanks!

Melbourne
Level Contributor
2,648 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: EK215 Questions

This looks like a pretty nifty page from Emirates: emirates.com/au/…service_finder.aspx

You can enter your flight number and flying date and it gives all sorts of info, some of your questions may be answered there.

Also check here (emirates.com/au/…) regarding exit row seats; it seems they are assigned at check in and cannot be pre-booked. There is some more information here: emirates.com/au/…

I can't tell you if this flight flies into darkness and I'm far too lazy to work it out, at a guess I would say there would be some darkness since you leave DXB at 0900 and arrive at LAX at about 1400 on the same day, but I could well be wrong. Hopefully someone else might confirm.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
16,551 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: EK215 Questions

Light all the way.

SS

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: EK215 Questions

You can't select exit row seats online. They are only available at check in at the airport for free.

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: EK215 Questions

Thanks for all your help, but what happens if when I get to the airport I cannot get a exit row seat? I would assume if the flight if full they would put me in a pre-assigned seat. I don't want to take the risk of getting a chance at an exit row seat, as I may end up with a bad seat the end. Being a 16 hour flight, I obviously want the best seat possible. Oh well. My travel agent seemed to thing you could just select them, but apparently not. Once again, thanks for all your help.

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: EK215 Questions

Thanks, I attempted to enter my flight information however it seems I beat them to it as the date is so far away no information is availalble yet, however I know it will be an A380 as Emirates starts service with the A380 to LAX on December 2nd. Once agin, thanks for your help!

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
11,851 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: EK215 Questions

Once you have paid for your ticket, you can choose your seat online (except exit/bulkhead seats).

Get to the airport early if you want to change to an exit/bulkhead seat, as these are given out to those who ask first.

A word of warning, many of these seats are used by people with babies. After being on a "flying crech from hell" flight in Jan this year, surrounded by 8 babies, I no longer choose these seats & sit at the back instead.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: EK215 Questions

Only bulkhead (bassinet) seats can be booked by parents with babies.

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: EK215 Questions

Perhaps it would be smarter to sit nearer to the back of the aircraft then rather have the extra legroom and deal with crying babies. I wouldn't want to endure that, especially on a 16 hour flight! Thanks for your advice.

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: EK215 Questions

But I could still try and book an emergency exit row seat, right?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: EK215 Questions

Emergency exit row seats can't be booked online - only at check in at the airport.