We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American Airlines experience?

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
American Airlines experience?

Has anyone flown with American Airlines from uk recently and what was your experience like please.

Thanks!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,190 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: American Airlines experience?

Which class of travel? Which route?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,556 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: American Airlines experience?

Yes - it was perfectly ok but I did not have any unrealistic expectations about what I was going to get in terms of food, IFE etc, they are as good or as bad as the other main US carriers.

Newcastle, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: American Airlines experience?

Thanks. We are flying economy, Heathrow to New York then to Orlando.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: American Airlines experience?

AA 777's comfortable, good service ,so so food, enjoyed the IFE, 767's not as comfortable,good service, so so food, IFE by overhead screen and pretty lousy choice of films,737's ok comfort for up to 4hr flight,,no in flight food and no IFE (all in coach) but like Tom didn't have any unrealistic expectations

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,556 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: American Airlines experience?

"We are flying economy, Heathrow to New York then to Orlando." - Just check your operating carrier as AA codeshare on a lot of routes with BA and your LHR to NY (JFK) flight might be operated by BA - I hope you have at least 3 hours to make the connection in NY for your flight to Orlando as you'll clear Immigration etc in NY.

Just think of the NY - Orlando leg as a flying bus and you'll be ok.

Dallas
Level Contributor
1,404 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: American Airlines experience?

I haven't flown from the UK with AA but did fly from Rome to Chicago earlier this week. It was a great flight. Flight attendants were friendly and helpful, and overall was a great experience!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
51,908 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: American Airlines experience?

Domestically (JFK to MCO), AA won't be much different from other legacy carriers. They do let you reserve seats in advance for free (or pay to get better seats) so take advantage of this feature.

Internationally, on the 777, the experience was pleasant for me. Service was actually better than most airlines (including BA). Note that I have only done AA transatlantic in economy a couple of times so my sample population isn't the greatest.

8. Re: American Airlines experience?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 06, 2014