We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused by Jet2 check in times

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Confused by Jet2 check in times

Hi can anyone who's flown recently clarify for me.

I've done a search around Jet2 check in procedures and found a post from earlier this year that states that Leeds Bradford check in only opens 2 hours before departure - our boarding passes that we have printed online state that it opens 3 hours before - which is correct?

Also can we use any line to drop our bags or does it have to be the online one?

18 more sleeps and counting.

Thanks for any help.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,555 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused by Jet2 check in times

According to the Jet2 website it should be 3 hours - click on "What time should I check in" and you'll see it's normally 2 hours unless stated otherwise, for Leeds Bradford it says desks open 3 hours prior to departure as per your boarding pass.

jet2.com/new/answers/check-in-security-and-i…

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,114 posts
243 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused by Jet2 check in times

Out of curiosity just checked our boarding pass on Jet 2, Manchester to Rome, it says check-in desk opens at 3am, our flight is 7am. so that's 4 hours early, strange ? Makes no difference to us as we have hand luggage and will go straight to security.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,904 posts
279 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confused by Jet2 check in times

Hi netsyp, Jet2 use dedicated desks 46-55 for all of their flights in departure hall B at LBA. As these are open throughout the day then you can drop your bags here from three hours prior to your flight although often I have arrived more than three hours early and it hasn't been a problem.

You can check in for both of your flights at 28 days prior to your departure date online.

Mansfield, United...
Level Contributor
1,145 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Confused by Jet2 check in times

Thank you all and especially Sunmagic - boarding passes are all printed :)

5. Re: Confused by Jet2 check in times

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:41 am, October 03, 2014