We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

connecting flights

Princetown, United...
Level Contributor
256 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
connecting flights

how much time should i allow between connecting flights, arriving BKK 6.30am, onwards to krabi both flights with thai airways, thanks

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14,280 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: connecting flights

Separate tickets?

S M
Merseyside
Level Contributor
607 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: connecting flights

Is it through ticketed or separate bookings?

I'd allow for about 2 maybe 3 days - spend a bit of time in Bangkok!

If it's separate bookings - and your connection is on time and there are no issues with bags etc - 3h would be more than enough.

BKK is pretty easy to navigate - thaiairways.com/thai-services/on-the-ground/…

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: connecting flights

I wouldn't leave less than 3 hours but book it all on a through ticket then you can leave less transit time as if you miss the flight because the incoming flight is late then Thai Airways are obliged to put you on the next available flight.

Princetown, United...
Level Contributor
256 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: connecting flights

"tickingaway" our plans are a 3 night stop in BKK on our return journey home,have,nt booked any flights yet,but when i,v gone onto thai airways website their prices work out more expensive than the agent via skyscanner!! ideally i,d love to book direct with them,,(save all the re check-in to krabi ) but i,m talking £300 more in taxes!!!

so give ourselves 3 hours then ?

S M
Merseyside
Level Contributor
607 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: connecting flights

As I said, if everything goes according to plan, then 3h should be enough.

If your 1st flight is delayed then you could lose your second flight...

What about taking an overnight train from Bangkok (Hualamphong) to Surat Thani then jump on a bus to Krabi. Go 2nd class on the train - it's cheap as you like (£18pp?) and great fun! Have a look here:

seat61.com/Thailand.htm#Southern%20Thailand

http://www.seat61.com/Thailand.htm#On%20board

Leave early evening, arrive 1st thing in the morning. About 2h on a bus at the other end.

Then get a flight back to BKK!

6. Re: connecting flights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 28, 2014