We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My recent experience with Czech Airlines

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
My recent experience with Czech Airlines

I have flown Czech Airlines from Prague to Perm on 9/12 and back on 9/18.

Here is a summary of my experience:

1. My luggage arrived 3 days later. The airline gave me 3 hours to get a taxi back to the airport to pick up my luggage. The airline did not provide compensation of any kind.

2. I was held at the boarding area in Perm for 40 minutes. Czech airlines representatives could see that I had a ticket, but there were getting a computer error when they were trying to issue a boarding pass.

3. There were no non-meat meal options on board

4. There was no soap in the bathrooms

5. A flight attended did not allow me to take an English language newspaper from a large stack of papers at the entrance to the plane - she said it is reserved for business class passengers only. Since there were only two business class passengers, the stewardess said that she would bring me the newspaper - she never did.

1. Re: My recent experience with Czech Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 8:00 am, November 17, 2013
Madeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Funchal, Madeira, Madeira Islands
Level Contributor
9,391 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My recent experience with Czech Airlines

Did your travel insurance not cover your luggage. The airline is not responsible for luggage the ground staff are so there is no reason for them to compensate you anyway . you got it back, didn't you. If you wanted a special non-meat meal, you should have requested it when booking the flight.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: My recent experience with Czech Airlines

If you wanted a vegetarian option you should have booked it in advance, you should have advised the flight crew about the soap and I'm sure the stewardess did forget about the newspaper and you could have reminded her about it. You didi get your luggage in the end so all's well that ends well.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My recent experience with Czech Airlines

Actually, Czech Airlines is responsible for delayed luggage csa.cz/en/…baggage_claim.htm.

Yes, I have pre-ordered a veggie option.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,454 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: My recent experience with Czech Airlines

Is the first flight you have taken ? as it is the first time you have taken the trouble to post of your experiences. Or have all your other numerous flights been so perfect, in which case, how come you didn't tell us how wonderful those airlines were ?

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,541 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My recent experience with Czech Airlines

Hi,

1 - you're right, it is OKs responsibility and liability to return your bags to you.. That said, in most cases the legal liability isn't to deliver them to your door (in the case of delayed) but to the airport where your journey (or ticket) shows you terminating..

However, in practice, most carriers pay a third-party to deliver these bags to the passenger, at carriers cost..

I'd take read thru OKs Contract of Carriage (as well as any national or regional rights you also have) to see what they say relative to this aspect...

2 - Being held at the gate... There could be lots if reasons this might occur.. Most are carriers controllable, but some might not be.. So, I'd want to know exactly what was the issue here..

I am assuming that a) your flight is/was assigned seating, and b) you had no issues with yiur cabin baggage, if so, other than being one of last/later to board, I don't personally see this as an issue itself on that your specific seat wasn't 'at risk' and you found room for your cabin bags..

3 - if you ordered (before cut off, etc) a special meal, then yes, you have every reasonable expectation that it be there ... No arguments there... I do however recognize that sometimes it just doesn't happen... Doesn't make it right, but says it happens... This would be something OK should address with you.

4 - no soap... I bet they use liquid soap.. If so, most carriers have a small amount onboard as interim refill supplies until a full replenishment can be done when the cabin is serviced..

If this occurred at the smlller airport i might see why as ground time and resources tend to be more limited at smaller line stations.. But if it wasn't addressed at the hub, then that's a failure ..

5 - the paper... If they were for Business, then that's who they are for.. I would however reasonably expect them to either post a sign "For Business Class" or do something else to inform you of this fact if they're not otherwise kept in a seperate area to begin with.

I don't see any failure in them telling you that you - as a non-Business class passenger - can't take one...

The part that I do think went wrong is IF the cabin crew said they'd bring you one, then that's what I'd expect... I think in totality to the cabin crew a discretionary newspaper request is a smaller/lower priority, it is still a request and should be fulfilled- time permitting.. I get it that small things can get forgotten as the fight progresses, but they're still requests and need to be either fulfilled by the crew, or denied accordingly.

Travel Safe,

England, United...
Level Contributor
9,832 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My recent experience with Czech Airlines

Oh no, another one to cross off the list eh?

At this rate there'll only be the Wright Brothers left operating....

London, United...
Level Contributor
27,178 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My recent experience with Czech Airlines

Luggage getting delayed is a total pain, agree, and also agree if you pre ordered a veggie meal you should have got it.

However running out of soap happens and it's really quite common the newspapers are for business class pax. If she forgot your newspaper, you could have easily and politely reminded her.

The summary of your experience does not allude to the more important elements ie did you take off and land on time, safely? Were the crew friendly, polite and accommodating? Was the plane clean? Were you served any other refreshments? How did they handle your delayed baggage ie from initial complaint through to contacting you to say they had it ,,,we only know the very last bit? What did they tell you about the fact your meal had not made it on board?

Sorry, I suspect the point of your post is purely to point out the negatives and not to give a balanced view.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: My recent experience with Czech Airlines

I fly 15,000-20,000 miles every year, mostly with major US airlines and Lufthansa. The sub-standard level of service that Czech Airlines provided me does not compare to any of my typical flying experiences. It looks like my service expectations are much higher than of most respondents to my post.

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: My recent experience with Czech Airlines

You are right about our expectations of former eastern bloc airlines being lower than what we normally expect, some of us alas are old enough to remember what they used to be like and realise that whilst they have improved the whole experience dramatically, they still have some way to go