We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Names on tickets - British Airways

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
10 reviews
Names on tickets - British Airways

I've booked a trip to New York via the British Airways website, on the booking page it said 1st Name in one box and surname in the next box.

On my passport it has my 1st name, a middle name and my surname. I was speaking to a friend and she said I should've put all the names on there, but the BA site it only said 1st name not names.

I've contacted BA via email but they haven't got back to me.

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,638 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Names on tickets - British Airways

Nothing to worry about - middle names are not usually on tickets. I have middle names on passport but not on any of my BA tickets. Happy holidays! ;-)

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
11,035 posts
59 reviews
2. Re: Names on tickets - British Airways

We have never had middle names on our tickets in all our 20 years of world-wide travel. Don't worry!

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
409 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Names on tickets - British Airways

Thank you for reassuring me, it's a 30th birthday trip and I was worried I would get to the airport and it would be a problem.

4. Re: Names on tickets - British Airways

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 23, 2014