We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airlines: London to Toronto

Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Topic
Airlines: London to Toronto

What is the general opinion of Air Transat?

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airlines: London to Toronto

Check out the www.skyscanner.com website to ser the best price/schedule forse Yourcenar dates

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airlines: London to Toronto

Check out the www.skyscanner.com website to ser the best price/schedule forse Yourcenar dates

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
94 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airlines: London to Toronto

I have flown with Air Transat, never had an issue and are a reasonable airline. Flights have always been on time and had a comfortable trip.

It depends on what your perceptions are, and what you expect. But you should bear in mind the prices are going to be (or usually are) far cheaper than the likes of Air Canada and British Airways. They are a Canadian charter airline, very similar to the likes in Monarch, Thomas Cook and Thomson Airways.

They operate modern aircraft, primarily the Airbus A330 and a few slightly older A310's (which are gradually being retired). Legroom is very good at around 33 inches, but the seats are slightly narrower. Usually a scheduled carrier would seat eight across on this aircraft type, but they fit in 9 across. (Same as Monarch and Thomas Cook do on their A330's.)

All of the A330's are undergoing a complete refresh, with brand new seats, on-demand seat back TV's, mood lighting and brand new washrooms.

On the flights I have been on, they offer free tea, coffee, water and soft drinks and usually do 2-3 drink runs and offer free wine with the main meal (poured straight from the bottle and simple choice of red or white). Then about an hour or two before landing offer a snack like a toasted sandwich or panini. The cabin crew are very professional and always friendly.

I think you have to pay for headphones to listen to the Inflight Entertainment, but they are yours to keep and if you have your own headphones you can use these.

The A310's do not have seat back TV's, and are a little bit older. But are still very comfy, wiith leather seats and inflight films shown on the overhead screen.

They do also offer "Club Class", which I have never used, but is somewhere between Premium Economy and Business Class, and looks a very impressive cabin when I have walked thrrough to my seats... It only has two or three rows of seats and instead of nine seats across, only has six seats across, which obviously gives you wider seats, and a decent recline (but not lie flat). Also get dedicated flight crew, more choice of meals served on china, complimentary drinks and greater baggage allowance. I know many people who fly out to Canada in Economy as it is a daytime flight and use Club Class on the flight back to the UK as it is a night flight. They usually only charge about £100-150 extra to upgrade, where Premium Economy with the scheduled carriers can easily be double the standard fare.

All the flights to the Western Canada and majority of flights to Toronto from Gatwick are flown with the A330. As the A310's are smaller, they are usually reserved for the flights from UK regional airports to Toronto and to the smaller destination in Canada, like Montreal, Ottawa and Halifax.

This video might give you an idea of what the aircraft are like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX2xzaRzLjc

If you book Air Transat flights through their sister UK brand - Canadian Affair, you are fully protected by ABTA and ATOL if anything was to happen to the airline. Also could be worthwhile signing up to their emails, as I regularly get promotional fares emailed through or discount codes that you can use on a booking. Be aware most fares are non-refundable and no changes can be made to the booking.

http://www.airtransat.co.uk/

http://www.canadianaffair.com

4. Re: Airlines: London to Toronto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 23, 2014