We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrival at airport

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Arrival at airport

I am boarding a Ryanair flight at Bristol airport, take off time 0615 hrs, I am travelling with cabin bag only, what is the latest that I can arrive at the airport safely?

Salisbury, United...
Level Contributor
7,469 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrival at airport

Have a look at Ryanair web site and it will tell you, you need to be at the boarding gate at least 30 mins before departure. You will be denied boarding if you are not there at -20.

Only you know your attitude to risk and how much time you are prepared to leave.

Wales
Level Contributor
2,147 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arrival at airport

Be prepared for queues at security at that time of day - lots of flights leave around the same time.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Arrival at airport

Thank for your help

hertfordshire
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Arrival at airport

Also be aware that Ryanair boarding gates tend to be furthest away. We had a long run at Luton once and although we made the flight we missed out on the priority boarding we had paid extra for. This was because our boarding passes would not scan at security so we had to get new ones from the check in desk. So leave time for any unforseen problems because they won't wait and they board quickly.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Arrival at airport

Good points made, thanks, I will keep these in mind,

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arrival at airport

I would get there at least 2 hours beforehand as you ever know what can happen.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
12,675 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Arrival at airport

You could get held up on your way to the airport, there could be long queues at security etc etc. I would aim to get there at least 2 hours before your flight is due to go, whether or not you have luggage to check in.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Arrival at airport

To all who replied, very valid points which I will take on board, literally. THANKS A LOT.

9. Re: Arrival at airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, September 23, 2014