We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxes for using JFK

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
taxes for using JFK

I have booked a rather complex fare from Aus to Europe, into Barcelona, out of Frankfurt, side trip to the big apple then return to Oz. The fare is only $1059 plus taxes $1391.64??? what started out as cheap suddenly became expensive? Not happy. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest. This is for May and June btw so summer in all places. Singapore air all the way supposed to be early bird.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,202 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxes for using JFK

The taxes are not just for JFK. Some airlines add on extra for fuel increases and most airfare have taxes included so you don't see the extra but it is there.

BTW if THAT fare is your whole round trip then it is quite inexpensive!!! We usually pay that for a round trip from the USA just to Europe.

Edited: 7:53 pm, September 19, 2013
Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxes for using JFK

that is what I was thinking rather expensive. this is a follow on from my question yesterday which you helped with thank you., I do get carried away with all that is on offer.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxes for using JFK

Just re read you said inexpensive not expensive sorry.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: taxes for using JFK

Riff M you may be interested to know Singapore Air has a deal JFK /Frankfurt atm.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
61,202 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: taxes for using JFK

Nice to know but cannot take advantage of it.

Am leaving myself for Prague next week.

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,421 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: taxes for using JFK

enjoy, I have never been there.

7. Re: taxes for using JFK

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, September 21, 2014