We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changing Terminals at SFO

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
232 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Changing Terminals at SFO

I am arriving on an Air Canada flight at T! Intrnational and connecting with a UA flight at T3. I will have already gone through US customs at my departure airport. I know I can get the air train between terminals but beleive this would take me outside security. Is it possible to walk between terminals staying within the security area to avoid going through screening again?

New Brunswick
Level Contributor
232 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Changing Terminals at SFO

bump

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
16,638 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Changing Terminals at SFO

Sure sounds like your situation might apply here - took all of a half minute to google it...Looks like you will proceed to Gate 39.

flysfo.com/flight-info/…united-operations

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,227 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Changing Terminals at SFO

It depends on which concourse of the international terminal your AC flight arrives. If it arrives on the INTL-G concourse then you can walk to domestic Terminal 3 air side without having to re-clear security, using the walkway just before you exit the secure area (it's shown on the map below). If the onward United flight departs from T1, then there is a shuttle bus from T3 that you can take from gate 71-A as described in the link above.

However, if your inbound flight arrives at INTL-A then there is no air side walkway to the domestic terminals, and you will need to re-clear security. IMO it would be easier to walk fstraight across the main international departures hall, then take the escalator and travelator to T3 rather than take the air train.

http://www.flysfo.com/maps/interactive-maps

4. Re: Changing Terminals at SFO

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, September 17, 2014