We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swiss Air Economy Saver tickets

leicestershire
Level Contributor
144 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Swiss Air Economy Saver tickets

Are Economy Saver tickets with Swiss Air available during high season (i.e. July & August)?

I'm putting in a date to fly to Singapore in July and return in August but there are no flights with Economy Saver available. Flights for return in August have only just been released so I was wondering if maybe the Economy Saver tickets become available after a certain time period?

Den Bosch, The...
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swiss Air Economy Saver tickets

Hi,

I remember booking economy saver with Swiss 3 yrs ago for a July flight from Brussels to LAX in November. Now I want to book again for July 2014 and experience the same problems as you; nothing available for the ES price. They probably release them in October or so.

leicestershire
Level Contributor
144 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swiss Air Economy Saver tickets

I have just contacted Swiss Air to ask if their Economy Saver tickets are available during July and August. I'll let you know what their response is.

Unfortunately our holiday has to be in July/August because it is the school summer holidays.

leicestershire
Level Contributor
144 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swiss Air Economy Saver tickets

I've not heard back from Swiss Air but I've now found out the answer....

Flights for a return date of 1st September are now available and they do have Economy Saver available. Put in a date of 30th June and Economy Saver is also available.

So it's just the peak months of July and August for which Economy Saver is not available. Very, very annoying for people like us who have no choice but to travel during school holidays (we have 2 school aged children and also both work in schools).

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swiss Air Economy Saver tickets

If it's any consolation it's not only Swiss airlines that do this other airlines do the same, unfortunately it's the price we pay to fly during peak season.

leicestershire
Level Contributor
144 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swiss Air Economy Saver tickets

They've got some Economy Saver tickets available in July now for around the dates we want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

Just got to get hubby to sort out exactly when he'll finish for the summer and I can get our flights booked.

6. Re: Swiss Air Economy Saver tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 06, 2014