We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minimum layover time needed at CDG to make flight to US?

Rockledge, Florida
1 post
Save Topic
Minimum layover time needed at CDG to make flight to US?

We have a flight from Budapest to CDG (Paris) with only 1 hr. 10 min. to make our connection in Paris for our flight home to the US. Wondering if 1 hr. 10 min. at CDG is too short a layover to make our connection. Anyone have any experiences they can share?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Minimum layover time needed at CDG to make flight to US?

A very tight - if even doable - connection.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,348 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Minimum layover time needed at CDG to make flight to US?

I agree. Don't want to be negative, but honestly don't think you'll make it.

Milford, Ohio
Level Contributor
2,562 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Minimum layover time needed at CDG to make flight to US?

It's doable - I've made a connection in 60 minutes before. BUT, you have to almost run because the airport is big. There's no stopping to use the bathroom or buying a drink. It's get off the plane, figure out where to go, and get there. And, if you make the flight, don't be surprised if your luggage does not. I would try to get a longer connection if possible.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Minimum layover time needed at CDG to make flight to US?

Did you already book this? If not, don't. If yes, well its a bit late to be asking. I suppose you can call the airline and see if something can be changed. Label your suitcases well.

5. Re: Minimum layover time needed at CDG to make flight to US?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, September 11, 2014