We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easyjet - pay for hold luggage at check in....

glasgow
Level Contributor
74 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Easyjet - pay for hold luggage at check in....

I'm off to Amsterdam tomorrow for a couple of days with a friend. Originally we were just taking our carry-on luggage but he's now decided he wants to take a case. I've only paid for flights (no hold luggage), does anyone know if we can roll-up to the bag drop on the day and pay to stick a case in the hold?

Thanks in advance.

UK
Level Contributor
49,562 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easyjet - pay for hold luggage at check in....

Why on earth wouldn't you do it now when it will,probably cost a half of what it will cost on the day?

http://www.easyjet.com/fees-and-charges

glasgow
Level Contributor
74 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easyjet - pay for hold luggage at check in....

Because we fly tomorrow, and I've already checked in. I'd be surprised if I could now amend the booking to include pre-paid hold luggage.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
11,739 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easyjet - pay for hold luggage at check in....

You can but as Joe says it's more expensive than adding it online in advance.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
11,739 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easyjet - pay for hold luggage at check in....

"I'd be surprised if I could now amend the booking to include pre-paid hold luggage."

Prepare to be surprised :)

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
7,736 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easyjet - pay for hold luggage at check in....

Hi

Been there, done that, dozens of times, and almost always at the last minute

Jackie

glasgow
Level Contributor
74 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easyjet - pay for hold luggage at check in....

Brilliant. I've paid for it now. £18 for the return. I'm sure it's actually £20 if you pay at the time of booking lol. Thanks very much for the help.

ETA - I take it I don't have to print off my boarding passes again to reflect this change?

Edited: 10:01 am, September 08, 2013
UK
Level Contributor
49,562 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easyjet - pay for hold luggage at check in....

I don't see any harm in trying and seeing if it has the luggage on there.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
33,072 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Easyjet - pay for hold luggage at check in....

When you go to the bag drop Easyjet will have a record of you paying for a bag so no real need to re-print the boarding passes. They can do that when you check i anyway.

If you have easy access to a printer then just do it anyway I suppose. It's on a few sheets of paper.

Have a good time in amsterdam but the weather has taken a turn from last week when it was 28C. Looks like rain all week.

glasgow
Level Contributor
74 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Easyjet - pay for hold luggage at check in....

Cheers Ron, the weather gods have smiled on us the last couple of times we've been to Mokum. I even came home sunburned in June so I won't grudge a little rain this time.

10. Re: Easyjet - pay for hold luggage at check in....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, September 10, 2014