We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying from Romania to Vienna

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Flying from Romania to Vienna

Hi all!

I'm in a bit of a pickle, I have to somehow reach Vienna mid December from either Sibiu, Timisoara or cluj. Solo female, petrified of small planes especially in snowy conditions. I've sort of ruled out the train, because I've done with before with another person and although we had a sleeper, we still got woken up by security crossing into Hungary for security reasons, there fore I'm not prepared to do that again especially by myself! Has anyone done this route? Is flying the best option, or perhaps a coach? Any advice welcome! Thank you

NE Victoria...
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying from Romania to Vienna

Depends on your budget - but I'd pay the money and fly because it's by far the quickest option. Have a look at kayak.com for details of flights - some of the ones operated by Tarom between, for example, TSR to VIE are entirely on Airbuses so there's no need to worry about turboprop planes if they're what concern you. (But double check - some have a hop to Bucharest on a turboprop before changing to a jet for Vienna.)

Brasov, Romania
Level Contributor
6 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying from Romania to Vienna

Hi Christine,

My opinion is that train or bus is the best way from that part of the country to Vienna.

All flights have a stopover in Bucharest, so it's not worth the roundabout....

If not, better to go by train to Bucharest and fly from there directly. it,s also cheaper this way

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying from Romania to Vienna

Thank you everyone! Ill look into the kayak site, if they're not the turboprops, I'm halfway convinced!

4. Re: Flying from Romania to Vienna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 10, 2014