We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Emirates buisness class

Nottingham
Level Contributor
213 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Emirates buisness class

Hi all we are traveling from Manchester to Dubai and then onto Male and have asked our travel agent how much it would be going out to upgrade to buisness class and they have come back with £2k, my question is would it be be cheaper or more expensive to do this at the airport?

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,536 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Emirates buisness class

If it's something you really want to do then my advise would be do it now and not wait until you're at the airport. I've flown UK to Dubai and caught connections to the Far East several times and business class has been full. On one occasion when I was not feeling too good I asked at check in if I could upgrade and they said it was full which was confirmed when I walked on the plane. All business class seats gone.

I don't think £2k is too expensive compared to when we looked into it.

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,363 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Emirates buisness class

"my question is would it be be cheaper or more expensive to do this at the airport?" - Impossible to answer even if there is availability as it will depend on how many empty seats are in business class.

Even if there empty seats the airline is not going to upgrade at little cost as this devalues the premium cabin - I personally think £1,000 per person is not a bad price for upgrading to business class as it's not unusual for business class fares to be 3 or 4 x economy fares.

You could do a dummy booking to see what price Emirates are currently charging on your route/dates for economy and business class tickets which will tell you whether £2,000 is a bargain or not.

London
Level Contributor
8,468 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Emirates buisness class

Agree with Daisy, business class can be full. My last flight with Emirates the business class was overbooked. If its two of you and 1,000 pounds each, then does not seem to bad to me.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
213 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Emirates buisness class

Thanks for your replies, like you all have said I think we need to decide if its something we really want and if it is then book it now rather than wait as we will probably be disappointed from your experiences with business class being full. Thanks again

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,363 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Emirates buisness class

Another point to bear in mind is that flying business class can spoil you for future flights - if you've never flown in business then you don't know what you missed but once you done it then it makes going back to economy so much worse.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
213 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Emirates buisness class

Good point TomC97 that does worry us slightly

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,536 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Emirates buisness class

Oh go on be a devil. Splashout and enjoy.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Emirates buisness class

Yeah i would do it you only live once and Business is on another planet compared to economy, I think you'll regret it if you don't book.

Staffordshire...
Destination Expert
for Staffordshire
Level Contributor
16,536 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Emirates buisness class

Having just checked my emails I have just had one from Emirates and the upgrade says it's from £1599 pp to Dubai from UK on a special offer rate. If I do a dummy booking for Feb 14 it's £2k minimum and £2500 pp at the weekend. If you've been offered £2k get it booked.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,047 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Emirates buisness class

<<Another point to bear in mind is that flying business class can spoil you for future flights - if you've never flown in business then you don't know what you missed but once you done it then it makes going back to economy so much worse.>>

Can't but agree with you Tom! We flew BC from Glasgow to Auckland but then had to fly economy from Auckland to Melbourne and it wasn't fun! Indeed on the return to NZ, we paid £80 to upgrade to PE which was much more bearable!