We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gatwick north terminal lounges

worcester
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Gatwick north terminal lounges

Sep 02, 2013, 12:29 PM

Hi everyone,we are flying to Dominican Republic with thomson on 30/9/13 with a flight time of 10:30 hrs. As its our first holiday abroad in a couple of years I was thinking of booking us (me and hubby) into a lounge. I'm thinking of the number 1 lounge in the north terminal, the price is coming up at around £45,for both of us....I'm thinking by the time we've paid for breakfast and a couple of drinks somewhere we will have paid about this anyway. We always get to the airport super early as I love the whole experience.....would it be worth it for this short space of time?any advice appreciated!

Edited: 1:30 pm, September 02, 2013
Carpenders Park
Level Contributor
40 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gatwick north terminal lounges

Yes well worth every penny and you get a quiet seat with choice of hot food and Alcohol

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
17,220 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gatwick north terminal lounges

"We always get to the airport super early as I love the whole experience....." - Just remember that pay lounges normally have a maximum of 3 hours access. whether it's worth £45 for that length of time is a personal choice.

worcester
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gatwick north terminal lounges

I'm well aware that it is three hours,why do people on here insist on quoting you on what you've already said??

worcester
Level Contributor
6 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gatwick north terminal lounges

Thanks,wasn't sure if it would be worth it but I think it will be just for a comfy seat!

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
17,220 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gatwick north terminal lounges

"I'm well aware that it is three hours,why do people on here insist on quoting you on what you've already said??"

Nowhere in your original post did you say that you knew there was a 3 hour limit so if your remark was directed at me then pardon me for trying to ensure you were aware of the time limit.

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
907 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gatwick north terminal lounges

I would consider the servis air Aspire lounge which is cheaper. What goes in its favour also is that it isnt waiter service and you can help yourself. They do offer hot food but I think it is bacon sarnies, pastries, yoghurt, cakes rather tham eggs benedict. I prefer it and have been to both.

We are going to Punta Cana the day after you and will be using the Aspire. Enjoy! Which resort are upu going too?

Best wishes

Kitty

Bristol, England
Level Contributor
907 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Gatwick north terminal lounges

I would consider the servis air Aspire lounge which is cheaper. What goes in its favour also is that it isnt waiter service and you can help yourself. They do offer hot food but I think it is bacon sarnies, pastries, yoghurt, cakes rather tham eggs benedict. I prefer it and have been to both.

We are going to Punta Cana the day after you and will be using the Aspire. Enjoy! Which resort are upu going too?

Best wishes

Kitty

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,348 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gatwick north terminal lounges

@Emma

"why do people on here insist on quoting you on what you've already said?" Often several discussions are interlacing. So some posters like to quote to avoid any misunderstanding.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,348 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gatwick north terminal lounges

In think there is no single reply as it all depends on the lounge and the terminal. If accessing a lounge is to find a sandwich and a coffee, better options might exist like for instance a restaurant or a bar. So lounge access is worth it if the lounge is nice (can't speak about those at LGW since I haven't been there for a while now) and the purpose goes beyond just food and beverages (unless you are really thirsty! :-)).

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Gatwick north terminal lounges

No1 Lounge is great ! They offer hot food via waitress service, but a lot of it is self-service. They have plenty of options to chose from food and drink wise, as well as different areas to sit in. I was very impressed with it, and would for sure use it again. They also have game room and TV room areas, which help preserve the adult atmosphere for the rest of us, as this is where the children gravitate towards - a big bonus for me !

If you've not signed up for one of the cash-back sites, then you can probably save money (I got fast track security and a fiver cash-back) on the fees too, dependant on the lounge you choose.

No1 has to be the best non-airline pay-to-get-in lounge I've been in, and I have no hesitation in recommending it at all.