We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone flown Air India - JFK to London Heathrow?

Medford, New Jersey
7 posts
Save Topic
Has anyone flown Air India - JFK to London Heathrow?

I am looking to take my family to London/Holland next July 2014. As always trying to find the best deal on air fares. Air India (operated by Kuwait airlines) is coming up the best deal by quite a bit from JFK to London. Does anyone have any advice/experiences with Air India they could share with me?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
18,837 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone flown Air India - JFK to London Heathrow?

No personal experience but you might find some info here - I have included the link for Kuwait as info for Air India is irrelevant for a flight operated by Kuwait.

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/kuwait.htm

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,073 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone flown Air India - JFK to London Heathrow?

If it's operated by Kuwait then looking up Air India experiences is pointless. From what I've heard KU are pretty miserable to fly longhaul.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
59,655 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone flown Air India - JFK to London Heathrow?

I have flown on Air India BUT the flight you are looking at is a Kuwait Air flight so Air India experience will have NOTHING to do with it!

Medford, New Jersey
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone flown Air India - JFK to London Heathrow?

Thank you!

Medford, New Jersey
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone flown Air India - JFK to London Heathrow?

Thank you - this link is very helpful.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
42 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone flown Air India - JFK to London Heathrow?

I actually just got back from 2 weeks vacation in the States, both flights (to & fro) was via Air India. All I can say is that, expect lots of flight delay, ranging from 1 hour to 3 hours. If you have any stopover that requires to change airline, Air India is not ideal then. But the in flight service is pretty acceptable, not much to complain other than the flight delays. Hope this helps! =)

Edited: 10:19 pm, September 01, 2013
London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone flown Air India - JFK to London Heathrow?

I think Kuwait is a dry airline as well, so don't expect any alcoholic drinks.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone flown Air India - JFK to London Heathrow?

I would avoid Kuwait Airlines if at all possible, you still have nearly a year before your departure so I would wait, at the moment Virgin Atlantic are having a sale I would check out prices there.

9. Re: Has anyone flown Air India - JFK to London Heathrow?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:32 am, September 04, 2014