We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frankfurt Airport

1 post
Save Topic
Frankfurt Airport

As far as assistance to travel this is the worst airport I have been in ever. The people designated as information and assistance were neither, in fact they were very rude. There is little if any useful visual displays. Security and boarding assistance was consistently as bad as the other airport staff. I have been to many third world ports and almost all major airports in the world and can advise that Frankfurt is one to be avoided

Zeeuws Vlaanderen
Level Contributor
510 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Frankfurt Airport

What exactly happened?

uk
Level Contributor
3,809 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Frankfurt Airport

I personally quite like Frankfurt and find it straightforward to navigate (although there can be some long walks).

What exactly happened?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
26,877 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Frankfurt Airport

I too am quite a fan of FRA.

I'd also like to know what exactly was the issue.

Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
4,987 posts
628 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Frankfurt Airport

Well FRA is clearly the worse hub in Europe. So I am not surprised to read about the OP's experience.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Frankfurt Airport

What did OP experience exactly?

I find FRA quite straightforward, easy to navigate and well signed.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Frankfurt Airport

I have never had a problem at Frankfurt and have always found it to be a very efficient airport so can you tell us exactly what happened.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
16,899 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Frankfurt Airport

I don't find it easy to get around at all. Last time I was there, my connecting flight was not posted and not even the airport info desk could tell me which way to go or which pier I would be at. Not the worst airport in the works, but it is very big and confusing.

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,930 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Frankfurt Airport

It is not so clear that FA is the worst hub in Europe. I'd still give that award to CDG.

FRA is a lot better than it used to be. For the newbie it can be a bit confusing, but tho have so many people snarky and inefficient toward OP... well, I'd have to reflect upon the fact that the common element in all those interactions was the OP.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Frankfurt Airport

Frankfurt is one of the easiest to navigate and friendliest airports I have visited . Never has a bad experience there and I have used it about 15 times

Zeeuws Vlaanderen
Level Contributor
510 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Frankfurt Airport

Me thinks that we won't get an answer from the OP.