We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre-Clearance arrival at IAD

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
175 reviews
Save Topic
Pre-Clearance arrival at IAD

Can anyone tell me where I collect bags . I will have been pre-cleared from Dublin and arrive into Concorse C but don't know if there is a designated carousel away from International?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,259 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre-Clearance arrival at IAD

Assuming you have been pre cleared at Dublin you'll arrive as a domestic passenger and collect luggage accordingly.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre-Clearance arrival at IAD

Thanks Tom .

Romford, United...
Level Contributor
2,065 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre-Clearance arrival at IAD

Went through IAD last year on a pre-clear from Dublin and although I was travelling on so didn't have to worry about picking up my luggage, from memory I believe there is.

Fortaleza, CE
Level Contributor
9,183 posts
377 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pre-Clearance arrival at IAD

Ask the flight attendants or airport personnel when you disembark or follow the other passengers. If someone's meeting you at baggage claim, there are monitors with numbers of the carousels for each flight.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,667 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pre-Clearance arrival at IAD

In my experience the carousel is not chosen until the plane arrives so you'll just have to walk with the other passengers to the specific carousel that your flight is using.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pre-Clearance arrival at IAD

just a follow up: bags were delivered to a domestic carousel at the D gates so all is well that ends well !

7. Re: Pre-Clearance arrival at IAD

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:38 am, September 03, 2014