We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air miles - Qatar Airways partners with BA

UAE
Level Contributor
319 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Air miles - Qatar Airways partners with BA

I received an email from Qatar Airways yesterday informing me that the air miles earned on Qatar and BA can soon be used on each others airline. From 2 September they are entering a frequent flyer partnership.

It means I'll be able to use my Qatar air miles on short-haul BA routes before they expire!

Doha, Qatar
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Air miles - Qatar Airways partners with BA

Best of luck! As a Silver member, I have tried twice to use my airmiles to upgrade. The first time it was refused because I hade bought my economy ticket in the sale, and I just tried again with a full price economy ticket purchased for June 2014, where they just emailed me to say that there are no upgrades available on the flight because of the time of year. Basicsally, Qatar Airways are happy to sell their high price tickets amd make you think that you are achieving something by gaining Silver status, but it means nothing. The miles will expire before I get to use them, because QA block the use of them if they can make more money selling tickets instead. My main trips are back to UK so in future I will go with Emirates. They are much cheaper than Qatar Airways, given that the flight time is a little longer due to the wait in Dubai for a connection

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air miles - Qatar Airways partners with BA

That depends on the route. I switched from EK to QR due to lower prices and better schedules.

I requested upgrade for miles once and it went straight through.

Warks.England
Destination Expert
for Myanmar, Yangon (Rangoon), Ngapali, Tossa de Mar
Level Contributor
14,419 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air miles - Qatar Airways partners with BA

although #1 is a necropost, others with similar queries may find the chatter/advice here useful

flyertalk.com/forum/…

4. Re: Air miles - Qatar Airways partners with BA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 22, 2015