We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Add on meals with air Asia?

Southport, Australia
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Add on meals with air Asia?

I Have just tried to book 4 meals for 4 different flights on air Asia as an add on to an already booked itinerary. Total should come to $17.80 OZ but an extra amount of $14 comes up and I can't fathom it out. Any ideas anyone? Thanks anyway.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,256 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Add on meals with air Asia?

Credit card charge

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
11,446 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Add on meals with air Asia?

Are you sure the extra charge is definitely for the food and not something else, like the insurance, or seat booking charge perhaps ?.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,256 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Add on meals with air Asia?

She said it was when ordering food. They charge a credit card fee when you pay

4. Re: Add on meals with air Asia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 5:31 am, October 03, 2013
Finland
Level Contributor
896 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Add on meals with air Asia?

I have once added some extra luggage to my booking and did not pay any other fees, when paying with a credit card. The credit card fee is called 'processing fee', and is taken only for the initial payment, not for amendments.

Could be the insurance. You have to remember to check it off when you do not want it.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,513 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Add on meals with air Asia?

If the extra was for a credit card fee it would say so it must be for something else as Yuke says some airlines include things that you have to remove if you don't want them so check all the boxes very carefully.

7. Re: Add on meals with air Asia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 27, 2014