We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jet 2 Excess Baggage

Barnsley
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Jet 2 Excess Baggage

We have pre booked extra baggage allowance but has anyone ever taken a bag over 25kg. it says on their site no bag to way more than 32kg but then on another site it says no bag to weigh more than 25kg..confused we fly on Monday so realy desperate for answers. :(

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
9,839 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jet 2 Excess Baggage

The website says each person can check in a maximum of 3 x 22kg bags each (paid for)

Just wondering what you're planning to take ?.

Edited: 2:55 pm, August 24, 2013
newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
9,839 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jet 2 Excess Baggage

Just to add, if you pre-book extra-baggage, then you can checkin a maximum of 3 bags weighing 66kg, with no bag to weigh more than 32kg. I would go with the 32kg max

Edited: 2:59 pm, August 24, 2013
Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,170 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jet 2 Excess Baggage

How many cases, how many people?

Barnsley
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jet 2 Excess Baggage

Hi thank you for this. This is how I understood it. There are 5 of us going and we were planning on sharing the excess baggae allownace so that my daughter had 11k and we had 11k. So we are hoping that all the luggae is pooled together as its all booked in one name and in the past this is how its always worked, but not sure with jet 2

Regards stephanie

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,170 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jet 2 Excess Baggage

If you're taking a case each, and you add 11kg extra to your standard allowance of 22kg you will be over the one bag max weight.

Barnsley
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jet 2 Excess Baggage

We were going to divide the 11k between 2 cases and she is going divide her 11k between 3 cases so intheory she has 67k divided into 3 cases and we have 55k divided into 2 cases so none of them exceed the 32k and we have not exceeded our individual allowance pluss the 22k

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,170 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jet 2 Excess Baggage

Sounds ok to me.

8. Re: Jet 2 Excess Baggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 26, 2014