We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Business Class seats

Escondido...
Level Contributor
9 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Business Class seats

Has anyone flown on both Amercian's International Business Class and United's International Business First? Which did you prefer?

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
6,568 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Business Class seats

Which aircraft, which routes?

I haven't been in AA's new 773 business class seats but many times on the 772s. I've been in United's new business class but not old/new first class seats.

Dallas
Level Contributor
1,461 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Business Class seats

I flew on AA's business class to Paris twice and it was very nice. Have not been on United.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,920 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Business Class seats

AFAIK the American new business class (a very swanky 1-2-1 congfiguration) is currently only available on a few aircraft (last time I checked just the two new 777-300ERs).

I have flown BF on United. Lie flat beds on all mainline international long haul. The type of seat depends on the aircraft as it's a mixture of pm-United and pm-Continental. IMO all the United cabins are very good/excellent with the exception of the pm-UA 777 (3 class), which is just good/very good (lie flat but somewhat cramped in a 2-4-2 across).

My favorite on United is the 747 upper deck, closely followed by the pmCO 777 in the middle. Both spacious in their own way and great for 11-14 hour flights.

Edited: 11:44 pm, August 22, 2013
Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
20,545 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Business Class seats

I've flown in both from Manchester, UK to the USA and found UA slightly better in terms of the lie flat seat compared to AA but the cabin crew on AA were better.

However the route will be critical as the hard product will differ across the fleet within the same airline.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
55,463 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Business Class seats

If you post your route, you will get more information, and perhaps even more airline choices that aren't domestically US-based.

uk
Level Contributor
3,667 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Business Class seats

What Tom said - literally took the words from my mouth!

Escondido...
Level Contributor
9 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Business Class seats

Thank you for the replies. We are traveling from Los Angeles to Shanghai.

8. Re: Business Class seats

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 25, 2014