We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomson Dreamliner

Barnsley, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Thomson Dreamliner

Hi

We fly out on the thomson Dreamliner in premium to Mexico in 4 weeks.

Is it as good has is been made out?

Thanks

1,260 replies to this topic
east sussex
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
81. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

We flew on the dreamliner direct to Phuket in economy , I have flown on many airlines in the past but can honestly say this was one of, if not the best flight I have ever been on . Leg room was plentiful , entertainment kept me busy for the 13 hour flight , bigger windows allowed both myself and my partner to see out without too much stretching over , food was good and plentiful . I am a very nervous flyer and find it difficult when there is turbulent air but the dreamliner detects this before it arrives and the technology built into the tip of the wings adjust the wings to cope with turbulance thus resulting in none at all on the way out and very little on the way back, for this alone the dreamliner wins hands down for me , let alone all the other added bits on the dreamliner, I definately will be travelling on the dreamliner again .....

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
82. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Thorner - We had this on the way to POP a few years ago on a 767. We booked into row 7 and the replacement plane had only 5 rows in PE. We were told at the check in and also told we would get a refund for that part of the PE supplement. We had all the perks of PE except the extra legroom. and when we got home a cheque was waiting for us. No problems.

Edited: 4:12 pm, February 18, 2014
London
Level Contributor
44 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
83. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

But the point is, do you really need Premium?

In my experience and from what others are saying I cannot see the value in paying for Premium.

Economy is more than good enough on the Dreamliner.

Unless of course, you are a class snob, or prepared to pay £100's more for free drinks and 2 inches of extra legroom.

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
18,089 posts
280 reviews
Save Reply
84. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

You may not think Premium is worth it but others will think differently. Just like those who wear designer clothing, drive a top of the range car or have a smart watch - when something cheap will do.

Just because some have more disposable income doesn't make them a ' class snob'.

kendal, uk
Destination Expert
for Kendal
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
85. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

I have to agree with sunmagic, I am in no way a 'snob', so when we got chance to fly on the dreamliner to mexico, we thought it would be a real 'treat' to upgrade to premium, nothing to do with class snobbery, and so glad we did, best flight we have ever been on, cracking start and end to a fabulous holiday and I would have no hesitation in paying the extra to do so again.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
86. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

We fly once a year to POP. Not a cheap holiday and for the last 7 years or so we heve used PE. Not a snob, but I feel crowded in economy and much more relaxed in the smaller PE cabin. I also like the priority boarding and the fact that I can enjoy Baileys in my coffee during the flight among other things We also use the Lounge at MAN before our flight. Much more relaxing. In all, it costs us more, but we take that as part of our holiday costs. We are both getting on in years, and, yes, spending our kids' inheritance.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
249 posts
Save Reply
87. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

All of the above three posts plus after having to queue for 25 minutes for the loo when the PE toilet 'went tech' last year I'm looking forward to having two loos for 47 pax on the Dreamliner in two weeks time lol.

It may only be a curtain separating PE from E but when you pull it back the cacophony hits you like a ton of bricks.

And I am not a class snob, (born and brought up on a council estate) if I was I would only be flying in First Class!

My opinion is that my holiday begins as soon as my bags are dropped so why should I not make the most of what is after all, a bus in the sky.

London
Level Contributor
44 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
88. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

I am just making the point that the Thomson Dreamliner economy cabin is very good and far better than most scheduled airline economy cabins. The Premium Economy cabin doesn't sound much better. You can't even get a decent recline and the legroom is only 2 inches more.

I would rather spend the difference on better accommodation.

@seftonscouser the Thomson Dreamliner has been running for less than a year so I wouldn't argue that on other aircraft over the last 7 years it might be better to upgrade to PE.

Personally I prefer Virgin Upper Class with a limo pick up, a quality exec lounge, a stand up bar on the flight, proper food and a comfy lie flat bed. Emirates Airbus A380 business class to Sydney also pretty impressive.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
89. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

But how much does it cost? We go to POP from MAN and the upgrade is usually about £200, well worth it as it includes bigger check in bag and carry on as well as reserved seats at no extra cost. I know upgrades to other Caribbean islands cost much more so if we booked one of those we might think differently. Its all about value.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
33,188 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
90. Re: Thomson Dreamliner

Glitch

The legroom isn't only 2" more. Depending on which seats in economy you're sat in can be as much as 5" more, but the norm is 4". I prefer less recline personally, but each to their own.

Sefton, depending on route and date the Dreamliner upgrades can be £400+ per person. Generally they are more than the 767 upgrades, but upgrading is still worth it to us.

Reply to: Thomson Dreamliner
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted