We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scheduled flight with virgin

East Retford...
Level Contributor
20 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Scheduled flight with virgin

Hey everyone only 23 days to go :D like a giddy school kid haha we are flying with virgin atlantic VS73 I know that's the refitted 747-400 I'm just wondering what do you get on a scheduled flight I've heard things like meals and a amenity pack but are drinks included or are they extra only flown with TC and everything was chargeable on those flights.

London, UK
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scheduled flight with virgin

There's lot of information on Virgin's website and you don't say what class you're flying in, but drinks are free and you can expect a meal within an hour or two of take off and then a snack (usually sandwiches) before landing, with tea and coffee. You can get more drinks during the flight if you want them. I think the amenity packs have been discontinued, at least in economy but I'm not sure so check that on the website. It was never exactly exciting anyway.

East Retford...
Level Contributor
20 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scheduled flight with virgin

Sorry I forgot to mention we are flying the extra legroom economy seats

London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scheduled flight with virgin

You should be able to request your seat now (no guarantee it will be honoured, but they usually do).

More seats may become available before you fly, so it is worth checking in online exactly 24 hours before you fly. It's definately worth doing this on VS, as they have 6 rows of economy upstairs on the 744 (nice small cabin with dedicated cabin crew member, with the added bonus that you get off first)

London
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scheduled flight with virgin

Forget my last comment then. I guess if you have paid for the extra legroom seats, then the seats are already allocated.

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
13,129 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scheduled flight with virgin

The meals on board are pretty awful so I would recommend taking some snacks with you! There is usually a drinks service not that long after take off and you get offered wine/soft drinks with your meal. If you want any more drinks after that you can go up to the galley and get them or ask the cabin crew for them. The amenity packs are so small now they really aren't worth bothering with. They contain, as far as I can remember (as we never open them), a pair of socks, an eye mask, a "toothbrush" and a tiny tube of toothpaste.

South West UK
Level Contributor
234 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scheduled flight with virgin

Foods not that bad IMO - 747 inflight entertainment will be on the new JAM on demand system

To the USA (depending on what time you depart) you should get - as stated above all drinks are FREE

Meal Courses:

A full meal service served in two sections

Starter and Main served together on a half tray

Separate Dessert and Hot Chocolate service

Movie Snack:

Ice creams, popcorn or sweets will be served by the crew to all passengers

Afternoon Tea:

A cold offering consisting of both sweet and savoury items served in a VAA Afternoon Tea Box

Check out this page for the 747 refit details

virgin-atlantic.com/gb/…new-747.html

Movies on board are here

http://virginatlantic.mymovies.net/

Have fun and enjoy the flight :-)

Jon B

Edited: 1:36 pm, August 22, 2013
Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Scheduled flight with virgin

We thought the service and food on virgin was pretty good but we always take snacks along anyway as all airline food is pretty hit and miss and yes you do get free drinks, you can check out reviews for the same route on the www.airlinequality.com website.

8. Re: Scheduled flight with virgin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 24, 2014