We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Razor in Hand luggage with Ryanair?

lIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
88 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Razor in Hand luggage with Ryanair?

I am due to fly with Ryanair at the weekend and was wondering if anybody knows it you can take a Gillette razor in your hand luggage.

Also if you can do you need to present it at security check?

Thanks in advance

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
3,999 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Razor in Hand luggage with Ryanair?

This is nothing to do with Ryanair but the security people as far as I know. Pretty sure you can take disposable razors through or razors that have the little plastic cover thing on

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,052 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Razor in Hand luggage with Ryanair?

Hi

Taken disposable razors for years through security and nobody has said a word.

Ryanair only care that your luggage is the correct size and weight, it is of no interest to them what you are carrying, it is airport security who check contents.

Jackie

lIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
88 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Razor in Hand luggage with Ryanair?

Thanks for your replys!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Razor in Hand luggage with Ryanair?

My husband always takes a disposable razor in his hand luggage and has never had a problem.

Roanoke, Virginia
Level Contributor
80 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Razor in Hand luggage with Ryanair?

Any razor if the blade is in a plastic cartridge that is disposable, or if the whole plastic razor is disposable, is allowed in carry-ons.

There is a confusion using the term safety razor. A safety razor has a blade which detaches as the razor top unscrews. These blades would make quite a weapon and are not allowed, and they do not look anything like a Bic disposable or the Gillette Mach 3 turbo I carry.

lIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
88 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Razor in Hand luggage with Ryanair?

thanks alot for all your help!

7. Re: Razor in Hand luggage with Ryanair?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 23, 2014