We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ryan air buggy combo

UK
Level Contributor
821 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Ryan air buggy combo

Hi

We are flying with our baby on Ryanair. You can take a buggy to the plane stairs. However we have a buggy that the carseat attaches to. Can we take this as one item to the plane stairs or would they make us take it apart and check in the car seat?

Thanks

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
35,550 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ryan air buggy combo

I am not 100% sure what you are asking but does your baby not need to sit in the seat until you wheel him/her to the steps? How then are you supposed to be made to check in the seat?

I suspect they will just fold the thing down and put it in the hold. If the car seat has to be seperated then so be it. Can't see the problem really.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
8,047 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ryan air buggy combo

Hi

I might have a piece of rope or bicycle chain or something with me so that if they are separated then I could make sure that the two parts of the buggy were firmly attached to each other in the hold.

Jackie

UK
Level Contributor
821 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ryan air buggy combo

Technically we could check the carseat in and the baby could lie in the buggy section as it comes in 2 parts but we would rather keep it altogether and the baby sits in the carseat section in the buggy.

I know Ryanair are quite notorious for oversized items etc so wondered if they would say you are not allowed a buggy that comes in 2 parts?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Albufeira
Level Contributor
7,780 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ryan air buggy combo

apparently they charge for car seats, £10 each journey, whether it would apply to you with the car seat being attached to your buggy I don't know, (grey area.) maybe check in desk would let you know but then you would have to pay £20 per journey @ the airport if they won't accept it as one item, because the car seat is able to be detached from your buggy.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
32,791 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ryan air buggy combo

Ryanair website states "one fully collapsible pushchair/double pushchair/travel system/baby sling per child may be carried free of charge."

I would ring them though, just to double check.

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
1,543 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ryan air buggy combo

If it is fully collapsible with the car seat attached then you should be able to take it, if not then you'll have to check the car seat.

UK
Level Contributor
821 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ryan air buggy combo

They fold down to 2 separate pieces so a very grey area! Just worry about checking it in that it will get throw around. Though if take it to the gate will probably get just as flung around!

Thanks

8. Re: Ryan air buggy combo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, August 21, 2014