We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

West Jet one way ticket from US to Canada priced in US$

Alberta
Level Contributor
654 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
West Jet one way ticket from US to Canada priced in US$

I didn't realize this until I received my credit card bill. My reservation confirmation showed it was indeed US dollars. Usually I book round trip tickets, so this was a surprise to me. They had a discount promo on for US destinations. I could not get the discount on flights arriving in Lihue and then leaving from Honolulu. But when I checked one way flights I could get the discount and it was a decent savings.

I contacted West Jet and was told that online bookings from the US are done this way. I never would have expected being charged US prices from a Canadian Airline; so something to keep in mind when comparing Air Canada prices to West Jet.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
8,583 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: West Jet one way ticket from US to Canada priced in US$

At current exchange rates, it would be about a 4% difference in apparent dollar amount.

But you may incur a 3.5% foreign transaction fee depending on the type of card you use.

Edited: 8:26 pm, August 17, 2013
2. Re: West Jet one way ticket from US to Canada priced in US$

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 19, 2014