We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London to Hong Kong

South Australia
Level Contributor
336 posts
5 reviews
London to Hong Kong

We are looking to travel from London to Hong Kong on a non-stop flight on Saturday 31st May 2014. The costs vary considerably. Cathay Pacific GBP 634.35, Virgin Atlantac GBP 1,049.25 and British Airways GBP 1,370.25. Should I hold off a while and see if any specials come up or book the Cathay Pacific flight now. All opinions greatly appreciated.

Sydney/Melbourne
Level Contributor
16,241 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: London to Hong Kong

That CX flight sounds very good. I'd grab it!

Edited: 9:34 pm, August 03, 2013
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
120 reviews
2. Re: London to Hong Kong

Sometimes CX will have promo rates. It depends when do you wanna travel. Year end will definitely fetch higher ticket prices. BA hardly have any promo, i always fly using CX to LHR as it is cheaper. Alternately, you could do a transit which generally has cheaper prices

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
17,210 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: London to Hong Kong

For that price I'd grab the fare with Cathay - you might get a lower fare with BA or VA in a future sale but unlikely to be a great deal lower and you are taking a risk by waiting especially if you have limited flexibility over date of travel.

Cala d'Or, Spain
Level Contributor
4,155 posts
116 reviews
4. Re: London to Hong Kong

Book with Cathay before the fares go up.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
Level Contributor
39,474 posts
194 reviews
5. Re: London to Hong Kong

I replied to you on the other thread but take the Cathay pacific fare as although the BA and Virgin may come down I can't see them coming down as low as this price on CP

South Australia
Level Contributor
336 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: London to Hong Kong

What does everyone think about GBP 567.75 return London / Hong Kong for May 2014 with BA? Is it likely to get any cheaper? Best one way fare is Cathay GBP 637.05

UK
Level Contributor
49,562 posts
92 reviews
7. Re: London to Hong Kong

BA currently have a sale on, that fare seems very cheap to me, personally I'd take it as I don't think it's a one way bet, eg I suspect whilst it might go up or down, its more likely to go up by more than it might go down. Eg for example, it might go down by £50 but probably same odds it goes up by £100. After all there is an effective lower limit because of taxes, duty, fuel surcharge, but no real effective higher limit other than a full fare first clas.

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
578 reviews
8. Re: London to Hong Kong

GBP 567.75 with BA seems quite a good deal to me. Unless oil gets cheaper, this would be low-end. If you are certain about your travel date, it is a good idea to seal it.

Penryn, United...
Level Contributor
1,216 posts
74 reviews
9. Re: London to Hong Kong

i flew same route last february with airfrance LHR-CDG-HK for £399 no probs whatsoever

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
578 reviews
10. Re: London to Hong Kong

May is considered a relatively high season so I don't think any carrier offers 399.