We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No fan of A380

Duncanville, TX
Level Contributor
3 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
No fan of A380

Just spent 31 hours in last 10 days on China Southern A380, round trip LAX- CAN (Guanzhou)...most miserable seat (both ways) in 51 years of air travel. Bottom cushion thin and hard, could feel seat frame through cushion. Leg room and aisles are very narrow. Will definitely look for route/carrier that has 777 or 747 aircraft.

Have flown many other Airbus models that were very comfortable (A319, A320, etc). China Southern A320 CAN-KMG had more leg room and the seat much more comfortable than their A380. Frontier's Airbus models are exceptionally comfortable.

Hope to never fly an A380 again!

coldweatherman

norfolk
Level Contributor
7,669 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No fan of A380

gosh! i find the a380s i've been on miles better than older aircraft. slightly wider seats, and the design means more leg room in a smaller seat pitch. i find the seats really comfortable [in as much as anything can be on 12-14 hour flights].

i fly MAS and singapore airlines. maybe they are different?

Garden Bay, Canada
Destination Expert
for Air Travel, Business Travel
Level Contributor
9,797 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No fan of A380

Don't generalize all A380s because of one experience on one airline. As with all aircraft types, different airlines outfit them differently. The Chinese airlines tend to have cheaper fares, yet the flying public still prefer other airlines.

Canada
Level Contributor
5,003 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No fan of A380

I flew the A380 from Singapore to Sydney and I thought it was AMAZING!!

Duncanville, TX
Level Contributor
3 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No fan of A380

Have no doubt other airlines design their interior to their unique specifications...China Southern obviously chose differently than Singapore, etc.

Canada
Level Contributor
5,003 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: No fan of A380

Well then to be more specific you should say that you are not a fan of the China Southern A380 - not dismiss the whole fleet.

newcastle upon tyne
Level Contributor
11,096 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: No fan of A380

Think you should have thought about the thread title & your post a bit longer to be honest. Stupid saying all A380's are poor & you'll never fly on one again, just because of the way one airline has fitted it.

Flown with Emirates on the A380, very nice indeed.

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Boston, Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
27,803 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: No fan of A380

That's true cant judge all aircraft one airline will fit there aircraft different than others ,if you fly a Singapore A380 you probably will feel more comfortable than a China Southern A380.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
41,391 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: No fan of A380

Fly the Emirates A380 frequently. Its great in business but I much prefer the 777-300 when travelling economy because of it's 2-4-2 seat configuration from rows 46 backwards.

The A380 is a quieter aircraft but I don't like the 3-4-3 seat configuration througout the economy cabin at all.

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: No fan of A380

I don't think SQ's A380 seats are as comfortable as their old 747s

thinner padding. and the head rests are a bugger to adjust.

and the toilets are certainly noisier. but maybe that is because the plane is quieter. sitting in the surrounding rows is to be avoided.

other than that it is just another aircraft getting you from A to B.

Edited: 5:13 pm, July 27, 2013
Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
38,305 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: No fan of A380

would not put my big toe through the doors of A380...Hello Bronia, how is it?