We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brussels Air lines

S P
Hadera, Israel
Level Contributor
109 posts
150 reviews
Save Topic
Brussels Air lines

Does anyone have any RECENT input about flying Brussels Airlines?

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
21,172 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brussels Air lines

No personal experience but you might find some information here.

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/snbrussels.htm

Worthing, United...
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brussels Air lines

They're owned by Lufthansa, so very similar service, except everything has a 'b' instead of a bird. Very good airline.

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
570 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brussels Air lines

They are very good, in flight service is one of the best for inter-Europe flights. Not alot of overhead locker space by the wings on the Avro 146s though

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brussels Air lines

They're a good airline, you shouldn't have any problems with them.

S P
Hadera, Israel
Level Contributor
109 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brussels Air lines

On my outbound trip I am flying into Brussels for a connecting flight to the USA. It is not yet clear to me whether my bag will automatically be sent through. I get on the connecting flight after 5 hours. Is there much of a chance of not seeing the bag on the same plane when I disembark in JFK? On the way back I actually have time ( 8 hours ) to enjoy Brussels. Is it worthwhile going into the city or should I just save it for a longer visit in another 5 months? Is public transit available from the airport?

Oxford, United...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
1,587 posts
570 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brussels Air lines

If you have a through ticket then you should be fine. If you have two separate tickets then you will need to collect and check-in again. The timings will not be an issue as Brussels is a small airport

Brussels is worth seeing, although you would be better off asking the question on the Brussels forum on the best things to see. However, the train from the Airport to the centre of Brussels takes 15-20 minutes and costs about 5 euros one way ( can't remember the exact fare and it was a couple of years ago when I last took it )

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
1,189 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brussels Air lines

Shalom, SN are pretty good and providing you are on one ticket or there is an interline agreement there will be no problem. As you are transiting within the EU but from non schengen to non schengen if you leave the airport( you have more than enough time ) you will have to allow at least 2 hours before your departure time when you return to the airport.

Also as I know that TLV is not worried about carry on liquids be assured in the EU they are much more concerned. Any duty free is likely to be confiscated that you have with you from Israel.

Duty free is much cheaper anywhere other than the James Richardson at TLV anyway.

S P
Hadera, Israel
Level Contributor
109 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brussels Air lines

Thank you for your responses.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
946 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Brussels Air lines

I've used them for several flights within the EU. No complaints. The Brussels airport is however a different matter with long walks and lots of ascends and descends; the designer must have been a fitness freak.

10. Re: Brussels Air lines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, August 03, 2014