We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight delay

Kilbirnie...
Level Contributor
187 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
flight delay

hi all

travelled to Tunisia with Thomas Cook heres some details

flight number - TCX3124

Glasgow - Enfidha

was supposed to depart at 6am but departed at 11.30am

a girl i know had similar delay and has just received £1050 in compensation

im looking to find some sort of evidence of departure online can anyone help

thanks in advance

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flight delay

What was the reason for the delay?

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
3,999 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flight delay

Feel free to shoot me down but where do people think the money comes from to pay compensation at this kind of level? Is it any wonder that the fares are going up? five and a half hours is an inconvenience I agree but over a thousand pounds is just silly.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flight delay

Totally agree independanttraveller:)

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flight delay

Feel free to shoot me down but where do people think the money comes from to pay compensation at this kind of level?

======= They come from about an extra pound a passenger a flight according to the most hard nosed company out there, Ryanair. This has been discussed many times here.

If fares are going up its due to other factors, not EU261.

If the sums being paid out are having a serious impact upon a company, well tough luck, they should get their operations sorted up so that routine delays dont occur. Dont run unrealistic schedules which havea fice hour de;ay at ethe nd of every day, do more preventative maintenance, dont hold every single spare back at base because it saves a few quid never mind customers will have to wait an extra day whilst someone brings a 10p spare part out the next day. For years some airlines, especially the pseudo charters like these clowns, have routinely had very long delays with absolutely no comeback at all. And without an incentive to run their airlines properly why should they ?

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
27,994 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: flight delay

What was the date of the flight?

Madrid
Level Contributor
3,180 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: flight delay

a girl i know had similar delay and has just received £1050 in compensation

That sounds like 1200 Euro,which would be for 2 passengers.

MERSEYSIDE
Level Contributor
3,999 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: flight delay

so paying out compensation at this level for a relatively short delay won't put the prices up then?

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
59,613 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: flight delay

Hi

Your friend must have been on a longer flight to get the £1,050 for two passengers

See link below to the CAA website which tells you how you can contact Thomas Cook and the compensation you "may" be entitled to

www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx…

We were recently delayed for 24 hours going from Manchester to Cancun and we after much debate were awarded £1,054.00 compensation

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
27,994 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: flight delay

Glasgow - Enfidha falls into the greater than 1500km but less than 3500km bracket, meaning that the compensation payable (if eligible) would be 400 Euros per passenger.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
23,388 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: flight delay

And I agree with Joe.

Independent traveler, they HAVEN'T put the prices up, so no, I don't think they will. What with the evidence, and all.