We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nassau to Syracuse, change planes at LGA-Customs?

Brockville, Canada
Level Contributor
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nassau to Syracuse, change planes at LGA-Customs?

I am travelling from Nassau Bahamas to Syracuse New York with Delta, it is a complete booking, I am flying Nassau to LGA, then changing planes to SYR...... when I arrive at LGA do I have to claim my checked bag at LGA, then clear customs, before I get on my flight to SYR, as I am flying from an international, then getting on a domestic flight? I have an hour between flights, and both appear to arrive and depart from terminal C at LGA currently so I assume it will likely be the same when I fly later on this year.....

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nassau to Syracuse, change planes at LGA-Customs?

You will clear both immigrations and customs at LGA.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
9,190 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nassau to Syracuse, change planes at LGA-Customs?

You will clear both immigrations and customs at LGA.

-------------

NAS has US Border pre clearance.

uk
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nassau to Syracuse, change planes at LGA-Customs?

Yep, Hans is incorrect you Will dó immigration and customs at Nassau so your flight into LGA will be effectively a domestic flight and you'll just have to find your next gate.

Make sure you factor in arriving at the airport with sufficient time to dó this.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,092 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nassau to Syracuse, change planes at LGA-Customs?

There are NO customs or international arrivals at LGA. It is a domestic airport so pre-border clearance at NAS facilitates and makes possible your arrival. Your bag should be checked all the way through.

5. Re: Nassau to Syracuse, change planes at LGA-Customs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, July 24, 2014