We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Virgin Atlantic Gatwick to Cancun

Norwich, England...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Virgin Atlantic Gatwick to Cancun

What are the Economy seats like for this flight.

I am considering an upgrade to Premium Economy but wonder if it will be worth the £1000 return charge for myself and partner to upgrade.

I flew with Thomas Cook last year and it was a back breaking, crushing experience.

Thanks for your help and views.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
34,970 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Virgin Atlantic Gatwick to Cancun

If you didn't think TC seat pitch was enough, Virgin economy is even less!

Liverpool, UK
Level Contributor
19,868 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Virgin Atlantic Gatwick to Cancun

"I am considering an upgrade to Premium Economy but wonder if it will be worth the £1000 return charge for myself and partner to upgrade." - Others might disagree but I'd say £250 per person per flight is worth it for the extra benefits that P/E will bring.

Wembley, United...
Level Contributor
1,481 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Virgin Atlantic Gatwick to Cancun

Book the upgrade - it is well worth it , I recently flew that same route in upper class , passing through premium I wished I'd booked that and saved a few quid !

Somerset, UK
Level Contributor
489 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Virgin Atlantic Gatwick to Cancun

As always with questions of this kind, if you can afford it, it's certainly worth it. Who would put themselves through eight or nine hours of cramped hell if they they had the money for something better?

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Virgin Atlantic Gatwick to Cancun

As it's a long flight if you can afford it then I would do the upgrade.

uk
Level Contributor
3,624 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Virgin Atlantic Gatwick to Cancun

I personally don't see the cost/benefit advantage of true PE.

The few extra inches just aren't worth the extra £s IMO. I get the vast majority of other PE benefits anyway ón account of my ff status with most Alliances.

Yes, I'd pay for extra space EC seats with AA, UA etc, but then the cost is a lot less, for mé it has to be BC or EC when it's my money (although i never say no when upgraded!).

The fact the OP is asking the question suggests that £1000 is a lot of money to Them and i would rather have that to spend in resort.

nottingham
Level Contributor
263 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Virgin Atlantic Gatwick to Cancun

We flew with Virgin to San Francisco last year and upgraded to premium economy. We thought it was def worth it on such a long flight. Had flown with them to New York In economy and that was ok space wise. If you can afford it do it.

uk
Level Contributor
85 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Virgin Atlantic Gatwick to Cancun

Always flown PE on Virgin but since the refurbishment I will try and get the front row of economy in the bubble as my preference.

9. Re: Virgin Atlantic Gatwick to Cancun

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, July 24, 2014