We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight Schedule Change. What do I do ?

Savannah, Missouri
Level Contributor
92 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Flight Schedule Change. What do I do ?

I booked a connecting flight through priceline.

HNL (Hawaiian Airlines ) > LAS

LAS (United Airlines > ORD

ORD (United Airlines) > MCI

The HNL to LAS flight changed it's departing time to 30 minutes later.

The schedule now is that I will miss my flight in Las Vegas by 13 minutes.

We have to re-check our bags changing airlines so that will take even longer.

We've also kind of made some change of plans in that we would like to have a mini 24 hour vacation in Vegas knowing that we won't make our flight we would like to be booked on one the following day.

Here are my ideas. Please tell me if you think one/more of these will be successful and why.

1. I call United Airlines and tell them I need to change my flight because of a schedule change. I would ask them if I could be on a specific flight that is at least 24 hours later. Will they have a problem with this at no charge?

2. Call Hawaiin Airlines and say since your plane schedule changed to leaving 30 minutes later, I will miss my flight in Las Vegas. Can I get a full refund? >> Is this even possible? Then, I could rebook my flight how I wanted it even with different airlines if I wanted too and I could leave Hawaii earlier and have more time in Vegas.

3. Call Priceline and tell them one or more of the above?

Which should I do, do you think any of these will work? What is your knowledge on this? I really want to spend a day in Vegas!!!!

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight Schedule Change. What do I do ?

I think you are missing something out here. Possibly several things, because on the face of it what you wrote makes no sense.

If a later flight by 30 minutes means you will miss your next flight by 13 minutes, that means that there was only 17 minutes allowed for the change at LAS, which is ridiculous in the first place, so do you you actually mean that? Or do you mean that you have now dipped below the minimum connecting time (MCT) at LAS, so that whereas you originally had, say 77 minutes at LAS, you now only have 47, which is 13 below the MCT of 60 minutes?

Next question, did you buy one ticket, with one booking reference, or is it 3 different flights with 3 different booking references? What you can and should do is very different depending upon the answer to that. Because if you literally only had allowed 17 minutes to make a connection by booking 3 separate flights you are on your own and you'll have to change one or more flights at your own expense.

But, on the other hand, if its all one ticket, Priceline should be able to change it for you. Though I doubt they would change it for free to allow a 24 hour stopover.

Edited: 3:31 am, July 20, 2013
Madrid
Level Contributor
3,255 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight Schedule Change. What do I do ?

Booking flights through Priceline can lead to problems.If you want help,more details will be required,such as flight times and whether this is all 1 booking.Airlines sell flights on Priceline for a low sum,then want nothing to do with them later.

Savannah, Missouri
Level Contributor
92 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight Schedule Change. What do I do ?

There was originally 22 minutes of connecting time in Las Vegas.

Savannah, Missouri
Level Contributor
92 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight Schedule Change. What do I do ?

I bought one full connecting ticket on price line

Savannah, Missouri
Level Contributor
92 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight Schedule Change. What do I do ?

Here is my current flight

Hawaiian HNL to LAS 3:10pm > 11:45pm

United LAS > ORD 11:32pm > 5:00am

United ORD> MCI 6:00am> 7:32am

this was the original flight I booked on priceline

Hawaiian HNL to LAS 2:30pm to 11:10pm

United LAS>ORD 11:55pm to 5:18am

United ORD>MCI 6:25am to 7:51am

It looks like the las vegas flight changed too to an earlier tune,

Savannah, Missouri
Level Contributor
92 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight Schedule Change. What do I do ?

Ignore that comment about 22 minutes of connecting time. Looks like there was 44 minutes originally.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,523 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight Schedule Change. What do I do ?

Aloha,

Surely even Priceline wouldn't have allowed a 17-minute connection.

Anyway, Priceline is the place to call. It's their responsibility. Hopefully, they'll accept it. Doubtful they'll allow the mini-vac.

Good luck.

Aloha

Madrid
Level Contributor
3,255 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Flight Schedule Change. What do I do ?

I think you need to contact Priceline.They are the ones who can change your flights.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Flight Schedule Change. What do I do ?

There was originally 22 minutes of connecting time in Las Vegas.

-------------

Well that's crazy. According to my searches the MCT at LAS is as much as 60 minutes for an incoming flight from HNL, but whatever it is I'm confident that its well above 22 minutes, I've never seen an MCT below 30 minutes. Which means Priceline should not have sold this you you in the first place.

You'll have to phone Priceline and see what you can work out. Unfortunately I suspect you are about to discover one of the significant downsides of buying airline tickets through a third party, eg significant extra hassle, please do report back how it works out.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
25,523 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Flight Schedule Change. What do I do ?

Cross-posted with you, OP. Bottom line, call PL.