We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

row 50 on emirates A380? any good

gold coast
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
row 50 on emirates A380? any good

I have booked for both my partner and i to sit in the very front cabin at row 50 trying to stay away from the bassinets and babies but seatguru.com high lights these seats as be aware and it does not explain why. I know it is a row with a wall behind it. I know that sometimes these type of seats don't recline. Does anyone have any experience? I am over welmed with 400 seats to choose from. If anyone reccomends any row that would be good. I do like leg room but i also need something for my legs to sit on

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
92 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: row 50 on emirates A380? any good

If you hover over the seats it says : "Seat 50X has limited recline. The proximity to the galley maybe bothersome." If you have another choice I could choose ANY other seat. you don't want limited recline AND right next to the galley.....

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
40,070 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: row 50 on emirates A380? any good

When in economy we choose seats in the front cabin - rows 42/43A/B or JK as that cabin feels more spacious because of the high ceiling given the stairs to the top deck. Never had a problem with babies in the middle aisle a little back to these seats.

68 A and K have more legroom as do 81A and K but IME you can't always prebook these.

50 A to K are standard Y seats but close to the galley - its 51 D - G in the middle row that has limited recline.

I don't see any advantage in row 50 at all.

Rows 52 have extra legroom but close to the galley.

gold coast
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: row 50 on emirates A380? any good

Thank you very much. Flying from Paris to brisbane so i want to make sure i am comphatable

4. Re: row 50 on emirates A380? any good

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 18, 2014