We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help airline changed flight time so missed flight got ripped

london
3 posts
Save Topic
Help airline changed flight time so missed flight got ripped

Hi, got a problem any assistance would b very appreciated.

Booked a flight to morocco, return flight, they changed the time, no one told me, so arrived at airport 2hours early was told it left in morning, then was told have to rebook, next flight to a different airport, day later or can wait 3 days to fly to gatwick.

emailed the flight centre rep whilst stuck in airport, who booked with, he said they didnt have enough time to contact me so not there fault, and nothing to do with them so have to take it up with airline.

Was then told by the rep for the airline head over to the hotel and they've cover the cost, arrived at hotel was told they don't do that I have to pay, so paid £90 for 1 nights stay, then £40 for a meal (ripoff). have all the receipts.

Then caught flight next day, arrived at heathrow, then had to pay to travel over to gatwick were car was parked the parking also charged more money as was late, then had a dental appointment for root canal treatment missed that so lost money there and have to find another dentist as he's too busy for next few weeks.

So in total I paid £200 for return flight and ended spending me £180 extra in hotel and other costs not includin the dentist fees ive lost, is there anything i can do, as rang the airline they said couldnt find the flight details so cant do nothing

advice would be very much appreciated

thanks

South Pole
Level Contributor
15,381 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help airline changed flight time so missed flight got ripped

travel insurance?

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,446 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help airline changed flight time so missed flight got ripped

"they changed the time, no one told me,"

___

Passengers responsibility I'm afraid to be aware of any changes. Although any changes the airline should advise you, but there can be several reasons as to why you weren't notified.

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
36,273 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help airline changed flight time so missed flight got ripped

It is your responsibility to check your flights to see if they've changed, so I can't see any 'ripping'. As lien says - travel insurance, although if the missed flight was your own fault, they may not want to know.

london
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Help airline changed flight time so missed flight got ripped

i never missed flight arrived 2hrs b4 take off only 2 b told the flight left 4 hours ago!!!

how was i meant to check the times? no access to info as there was no phone/ internet were i was stayin, guess ive learnt my lesson and wont fly with these cheap airlines again, air maroc by the way

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
63,218 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help airline changed flight time so missed flight got ripped

Every airline has flight changes so not just a problem with "the cheap ones".

It is up to you to check the times of your flights so having computer access next time would be more helpful to you than changing airlines.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
22,372 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help airline changed flight time so missed flight got ripped

So the airline changes the flight time and its the customers faiult for not checking...................... garbage.I am often away fro a few weks at at time and can't always be in contact with airlines etc,if they have changed the flight at short notice without informing me then it is their fault.

Why are so many folk on this forum so defensive towards airlines?

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help airline changed flight time so missed flight got ripped

Sorry to be harsh, but you haven't learned your lesson, because this can happen with any airline, not just cut price ones.

There are many reasons why the airline might not contact you, ranging from their error to your error to "stuff happens",to you going to live in a hut without phone or Internet, so the only practical thing is to check yourself and give yourself time to allow for changes. Iif you choose not to, eg you arrive back after 3 months on the limpopo expecting to fly right away, and the time changed 2 months back, well tough thats your look out.

Odds are this flight was changed weeks previously but even if they changed it the day before, it's still your responsibility though with very last minute changes I would expect them to not make you purchase a new ticket. Though a really last day change, not announced weeks previously, would be very unusual.

Oh, and by the way, pretty obviously you did miss your flight, I fail to see how you can argue you didn't thats just bizarre

Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
21,446 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help airline changed flight time so missed flight got ripped

Still the passengers responsibility to check. Even if you're somewhere remote at least have a telephone number of the airline or airport so you can check.

Air Maroc will also have changed flight times at some point, so regardless of which airline you choose - if you don't check it can happen again.

Lake Crystal...
Level Contributor
607 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help airline changed flight time so missed flight got ripped

If there was no internet/phone "where i was stayin" I'd wonder how the airline would have contacted me, and if perhaps it had made an honest effort to do so. I get updates from United via text/email, but I must have access to the technology, give them the correct number/address, and check my phone/email.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help airline changed flight time so missed flight got ripped

fro a few weks at at time and can't always be in contact with airlines etc,if they have changed the flight at short notice without informing me then it is their fault.

-----------

It's not, even if only because when you bought a ticket, id be sure that the ts&cs you agreed to, make it your fault..

:-)

In any case, very few airlines would change schedules without several weeks notice, its far more likely the OP simply didn't check before heading outbound. I fail to see what you'd suggest though, how long in advance should airlines have to stick to their original timetable?